What Is The Definition Of An Unbelievable Day's Fishing?

Captain Pugwash

I'm after some guidance here Raiders.

As you will know from my posts, I love to target Kings when they are on.

By my terms one King in a day is a good day, two is a great day.

Until today two is the most we have ever landed in a day on the Black Pig.

How many do you think would constitute a day where you just go Holy expletive removed Hell! :1yikes: Did that really happen?

Please allow me my 15 minutes cause this was a day I have dreamt of since I landed my first King! :yahoo:

Getting warm Pedro,

head north

Pete

whoa...........greater than 8, sheesh :1yikes::thumbup:

come on tell us more pete...................

i had a shithouse day out in the bay/georges, even went a-over with the net and a rod in each hand resp. :05:

12, a dozen, ten plus two, 6 times more than we've ever caught B4.

That's right fellas we hooked and landed a dozen Kings today.

That's what I call a seneffingsational day.

Report to follow, gotta cook some Kings! :thumbup:

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO you and the missus on fire PETE ,CONGRATULATIONS :yahoo:

Guest bluecod

I'm back and ready to brag! :1prop:

Give me a few minutes to write it up

By the sounds of it Pete, you and Dollface done real good :thumbup:

Better hurry up with the report though, I can hear Joe gnashing his teeth from here :biggrin2:

Here we go.

Sorry for the blatant buildup but today was something I never thought I'd experience!

Some of you would have read of the tragedy yesterday when we had our inlaws down from Port Macquarie plus the sister and brother in law from Sydney and the BLOODY Black Pig had 2 completely dead batteries. Shit, Poop, Bastard was the order of the day. :ranting2:

Anyhow, borrowed TWO HD battery chargers from a mate and charged the up overnight.

Hit the Pig today full of trepidation but :thumbup: she fired up first go and away we went. Today we still

had the parents in law but were minus the other relations.

Straight to the wreck for some yakkas and they didn't dissapoint, they were there in their hundreds. Bite size, horses and, luckily a fair sprinkling of big slimies as well.

Eventually decided we had enough and we headed off to .........................................................

...........................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................

a little spot that you know we frequent called Bluefish Point.

It was fairly bumpy and the inlaws looked a bit uncertain but I was DESPERATE after the embarrassment of the day before so I "promised" them this would be worth it. Stupid call I know, but I actually was desperate because we had been bragging to them for two years about ALL the fish we catch. Even though they are well into their 60's and basically never fish, they are keen as mustard!

Unlike previous efforts I used the sounder to choose THE spot and anchored up pretty well exactly where I wanted. As usual I had my rod in the water before I even put the berley bucket in! Greedy bugger aren't I?

First cast, BANG! I come up tight on what feels like a trevor but turns out to be the smallest King I've ver caught. About 45cm. Of course he goes back into the drink but something inside me says " this could be interesting!"

So, berley bucket goes in, I get Dollface and her parents setup and fishing before I start to put the livies down. I've got the inlaws on prawns while Dollface is on one of my rackraiders with a strip of fresh slimey. Almost immediately she lets out a shriek and, sure enough, she's onto a King! She puts in a brave effort but gets smoked. :ranting2: Promising though!

Rather than drag it out, here goes.

The next two hours turn out to be the most AMAZING sequence of events I have ever experienced.

It didn't seem to matter whether it was live yakkas or just simple strips of slimy mackeral, the Kings just went MAD. Between taking the rods off my fatigued wife and mother-in-law or playing net man for my father-in-law or racing back to the livie rod that had been hammered, I spent the next 2 hours playing deckie for the boat!

We landed 12 and got smoked another 10 times in just over 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Between taking over from the girls, netting for Jim, landing (or losing) my own and making up every broken off line, I gotta tell you, I was absolutely knackered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get to have a beer, a smoke, or even a bloody breath. It was MAYHEM.

I barely remembered to take the odd photo, that's how hectic it was.

The final result was 12 landed. Of those we kept 6, threw back 3 for undersize and even threw back three legal one's because we figured we had enough for a few feeds. Got smoked 10 times, including a monster that I got a look at before he decided that it would be better to go and tangle up another line and break me off. Father-in-law just nailed them, and got smoked a few times in a HUGE way! All the keepers were between 60 and 65cm so they weren't hoodlums but shit they were fun!

Oh, and we landed a nice salmon just for some variety!

Words don't do justice to what sort of day we had.

I'll try the photo's now

post-325-1131278096_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131278277_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131277991_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131278067_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131277787_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131277751_thumb.jpg

post-325-1131278116_thumb.jpg

Guest bluecod

Top day Pete - looks like the in-laws, Dollface and yourself weren't enjoying it that much :tease:

If you get sick of cooked kingy - they go a treat as shashimi ...yummo!