Any raiders in the shoalhaven?

Crookhaven

Hi all, 

ive just signed up to fish raider after many years of reading the forums as a guest(learnt a lot here, thanks guys)

just curious if there are any Raiders located in the shoalhaven like me? It appears a lot of you are Around Sydney an further north

Just looking for some more fishing buddy's that are keen like I am, and are happy to share what they've learnt, like I am ,and any body that would just like to chat about the shoalhaven system and their experiences,

my fishing focus has become mulloway lately  after becoming proficient (enough) with the bread and butter estuary species, I now only fish for jew with soft vibes and the good live baits(yakkas squid small slimies, tailor and occasionally mullet) have fished the same steep channel edge (a known spot)high and low day and night to no result(bar a couple of 85+ flathead)

the chase continues

jim

• Like 1

Hey mate, im from Gerringong near enough to the shoalhaven, havent spent as much time on the river as i would like to have, find myself fishing outside more, will def be trying to get down there a bit more over the next few months plus some trips down to Jervis bay as well. Super keen about my fishing and always up for a chat so shoot me a line sometime. 

Tight lines

Rory 

Hi Jim, I've lived in the Shoalhaven almost all my life and fished around Culburra and Currarong from the mid sixties to the late eighties. Since then I've moved slightly further down the coast and mainly fish St Georges Basin plus the rocks and beaches south of Jervis Bay.

I have lots of good memories fishing the Crookhaven River.

Pete

Hi Rory,

When your making a trip down to the river,let me know if I can't put you onto the fish I can aatleast show you where to collect some live bait and point you in the direction of some deeper sections of water

And Hi Pete would love to hear any of your stories or observations, I grew up in nowra and bought out here 3 years ago and have been fishing from the break wall to the fork of the shoalhaven in a boat on the reg

thoughts on weather or not you think much as changed from th3 n until now would be much appreciated 

jim

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crookhaven said:

Hi Rory,

When your making a trip down to the river,let me know if I can't put you onto the fish I can aatleast show you where to collect some live bait and point you in the direction of some deeper sections of water

And Hi Pete would love to hear any of your stories or observations, I grew up in nowra and bought out here 3 years ago and have been fishing from the break wall to the fork of the shoalhaven in a boat on the reg

thoughts on weather or not you think much as changed from th3 n until now would be much appreciated 

jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the offer i will definitely take you up on that one day, still need to crack my first jew so need all the help i can get haha i do havea bunch of mates that fish the river so will pass on any little tips i hear along the way

Rory

19 hours ago, Crookhaven said:

jim

PM sent

Edited by Green Hornet

On 29 December 2017 at 5:00 PM, rozza_b said:

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the offer i will definitely take you up on that one day, still need to crack my first jew so need all the help i can get haha i do havea bunch of mates that fish the river so will pass on any little tips i hear along the way

Rory

Hey Rory, sounds good mate if u sling us a inbox I'm happy to tell u all I know of the river, it's not like any of my mates down here listen there all jb this jb that haha although this might interest u,, lately there has been a lot of big kings in close around currarong at the big and little bombies, 

Jim

On 01/01/2018 at 6:54 PM, Crookhaven said:

Hey Rory, sounds good mate if u sling us a inbox I'm happy to tell u all I know of the river, it's not like any of my mates down here listen there all jb this jb that haha although this might interest u,, lately there has been a lot of big kings in close around currarong at the big and little bombies, 

Jim

Thabk for the off and hahaha yeah very typical of our area everyone is obsessed with fishing JB, I know why but personally I find plenty of good fish without having to travel that far and ha yep know about the king's at currarong plenty of my mates have been making that trip, I'll get down there at some point, maybe.....

• 2 months later...

Hi all I’ve just moved down to Gerringong 4 weeks ago from Cronulla. I’m yet to put my boat in the water with last Sunday being blown out. If you could share some tips with me on where to get livies or squidding grounds It would be greatly appreciated. I plan on launching at either Gerringong or Kiama next time I’m heading out. Tight lines and always keen to chat to fellow raiders!!