Callala beach tips

Chakka

Hey guys im heading down to callala in a few weeks for a couple of days with the family and staying along the beach with no boat access, so i have fished callala beach before and caught bream, whiting  and couple of rays. Was wondering is there anything other these species along this beach are there spot i can catch maybe tailor/salmon in this area besides going into the bay? Any help would be great.

Cheers chakka

There are tailor and salmon there but because there isnt much of a break there, they arent in huge numbers. You should also get mullet there.

Interestingly there seems to be an increasing amount of sharks to be had so maybe a night fish with a couple of beers on the beach could lead to a bit of fun. If nothing else the banjo, shovelnose and angle rays should keep you entertained

Cheers for tips guys

10 hours ago, marks1984 said:

get live/fresh nippers and worms for the whiting

I guess fresh is best 

10 hours ago, New Signing said:

There are tailor and salmon there but because there isnt much of a break there, they arent in huge numbers. You should also get mullet there.

Interestingly there seems to be an increasing amount of sharks to be had so maybe a night fish with a couple of beers on the beach could lead to a bit of fun. If nothing else the banjo, shovelnose and angle rays should keep you entertained

The nightfish with a couple of beers, Great idea ? Whatever is there im hoping a hook on.

5 hours ago, Chakka said:

Is that close to the sailing club 

Also have a look at this link.  Plenty of sail boats moored there so I’d say you are correct.  You would want to fish around the high off the pontoon I’d say.

Callala bay ramp is one of the most poorly designed i have had the misfortune of using. It is unusable for any boat over around 5.5 m to use on anything but high tide. 

The jetty itself is about 4 metres away from the ramp leaving a pointless gap and making docking and retrieval difficult for the inexperienced or those fishing alone.

Had they taken the ramp out another 30ft it would still be 30ft short of where it needed to be.

Two people with good reversing ability will get two trailers side by side down the ramp but the person on the eastern side just wont be able to get out of their car lol

All in all quite the shamozzle

On 1/19/2018 at 1:17 PM, New Signing said:

Callala bay ramp is one of the most poorly designed i have had the misfortune of using. It is unusable for any boat over around 5.5 m to use on anything but high tide. 

The jetty itself is about 4 metres away from the ramp leaving a pointless gap and making docking and retrieval difficult for the inexperienced or those fishing alone.

Had they taken the ramp out another 30ft it would still be 30ft short of where it needed to be.

Two people with good reversing ability will get two trailers side by side down the ramp but the person on the eastern side just wont be able to get out of their car lol

All in all quite the shamozzle

Mate thats very unfortunate 

Prawning in the bay really havent heard of that, i know ive  prawned in the  basin before  maybe ill try it when im there next week of timeimg is right.

You boys known if  there is  any place to pump nippers in the bay? Besides the basiin and inlet