Pt. Stephens 2nd - 6th Nov

Geoff

Headed off to Pt Stephens last week for a few days fishing with 3 friends.

Arrived Wednesday arvo to be greated with clear blue skys & Shoal Bay a mass of white water pushed along by a 25 knot N/E :thumbdown:

Neil had arrived a day earlier & after unpacking & considering the weather conditions decided the next best thing was :beersmile::beersmile:

Thursday had a similiar forecast including a strong N/E so launched at Soldiers Point & headed towards Karuah. Had not fished this are before so tried a few different spots & hooked into a dozen or so Whiting.

Unfortunatly all undersize so were released.

The wind blue up as predicted so decided to do the 7km run back to S.P. Fished the quite water for a few more Whiting & small Reddies , again , all being returned. Decided we had enough sun by 2.30 so retreived the boat & headed back to the house.

Mick & Peter arrive late in the afternoon so into :beersmile::beersmile:

Perhaps at this point I should mention I have been fishing with these guys 2 - 3 times each year for the past 25 + years. In days gone by Friday was "serious" day with lines in the water by sun up. Times have changed to more gentlemen hours. Some may suggest degenerated as by late morning sitting around the back veranda only a few line were rigged. A 6 pack was produced shortly thereafter & Friday declared a R & R day.

No one complained , we had an interesting day dicussing , but not solving , the problems of the world .

The weather changed over night to a 10/15 knott Southerly & occusional showers. Launched at Shoal Bay & did a few drifts off Tomaree Head. Drift was fast & the back wash made it uncomfortable so looking for quiter water motered over to the northern headland of Fingle Bay .

Anchored in 14mt & over the next few hours caught a variety of reef fish including a 1.2mt Wobby Shark & a 40cm Reddie. Ther was no shortage of action.

attachmentid=7234

Sunday was a rerun of Saturday but with fewer fish , still a good morning on the water. :thumbup:

Back at the ramp by 11.30 , Lunch , packed up , pencilled in our next trip for early 2006 :yahoo::thumbup: & headed off around 2.30pm

Geoff

post-731-1131432205_thumb.jpg

Edited by Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Great report and sounds like you guys had a great time.

I can just see you all sitting on the verandah and discussing the worlds problems... :beersmile::beersmile:

Good to see you got onto a few although I guess it would have been better had the conditions been favourable. :05:

Talk to you soon.

Cheers

David.

Guys Tks for your comments. Received a call from Neil this morning he is planning on heading back to P.S next week & inquired if I was available.

I guess that is one of the advantages of being retired :thumbup:

Unfortunatly I have to work :thumbdown::thumbdown:

There will be another day

Geoff

we had an interesting day dicussing , but not solving , the problems of the world .

Aint that the fun/point of social fishing :1fishing1:

Great report