Botany fad

MerryFisher

Being wanting to try the fad for dollies for a while with all the positive reports I've being hearing.  Collected a few livies at middle harbour and made it there by 10am to find three other boats there. There wasn't too much action, got three small fish all around 50cm which went back.  I guess it's a bit late in the season and the larger fish might have migrated elsewhere. Surprise of the day was my first pearl perch, which I got just out from Bondi in just 35m of water. I thought it was a pink snapper at first due to it's pinkish scale, how silly of me:lol:.

Try the wide fads the fish are still there with a lot of fish over 90 cm 

try to get there before 8 to give yourself a better chance . They get shy with the boat traffic but will still bite even on pillies . Keep the bait moving and try around the fad up to 200 m.

Bruce 

Hey all I'm planning to head out to Sydney east fad and the peak tomorrow... Since these are the closes fads to botany from what I can see, will I be wasting my effort? I've never been outside before and am hoping it all goes well.

56 minutes ago, Ojay Samson said:

Hey all I'm planning to head out to Sydney east fad and the peak tomorrow... Since these are the closes fads to botany from what I can see, will I be wasting my effort? I've never been outside before and am hoping it all goes well.

I've tried Sydney east fad couple of times last month without success