Townsville Breakwall

junglejunky

Took a study break this morning and went for a flick with the placcys down at the breakwall. Pretty overcast and windy so I didnt have high hopes but surprisingly first cast with a 4inch minnow and I was onto a legal barra. He jumped and carried on a hell of a lot and then threw the jig right at my feet.... Closed season anyway. Trying to justify dropping it... :mad3:

A few casts later, I was slow rolling a squidgy shad and right at my toes again, a really big jack broke the surface, swiped my lure and..... missed... Here we go, one of those days again.... Anyway cut the story short. It did keep firing, I landed a 35cm Jack, a thick set 54cm GT that plugged away forever, two nice fingermark one about 45cm, the other 39cm, and a 70cm flathead. Plus a heap more little GTs and Cod. AND I saw a huge barra crusing along the breakwall, but I couldnt get a lure to it quick enough and it disappeared. I reckon it was 90 - 100cm. :1yikes:

When the run stopped and the tide bottomed out, they went off the chew and ive retired back to the study den....

matt. :biggrin2:

post-162-1131675325_thumb.jpg

post-162-1131675214_thumb.jpg

Edited by junglejunky

Great session Matt, even with the dropped and missed barra's. I bet that GT was a fun fight :thumbup:

I don't know how you could possibly concentrate on studying after that, I don't think I could.

Can't wait to head up that way one day. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Thanks fellas,

Yeah its hard to concentrate on study with the options available up here. But then, on the other hand, its comforting to know that I can duck off for an hour or two and get my fix! :biggrin2: However, its not always firing up here. You can have many dry sessions between the gooduns... :mad3:

Patl, Yep I reckon working the walls by boat would be even more productive, you'd cover so much more ground, gotta give it a go soon. A mate of mine up here knows Killalea.

Cheers fellas, gimme a hoy when you get up here one day!

matt :biggrin2: