Help Needed..e-tec Owners Pls Help

RodHolder

Hi Guys....

Have finally put down the deposit on the new boat but cant for the life of me decide on the motor..though the topic has come up...the debate still continues... 60hp 4-stroke Yammy or E-tec???

I desperatly need to take a ride on an E-tec....I live in Sydney near Botany bay, and am hoping somone can help me out.???? Am more than willing to pay for their time.

The sooner I can decide, the sooner I can get some sleep back.

thanks

Hi Guys....

Have finally put down the deposit on the new boat but cant for the life of me decide on the motor..though the topic has come up...the debate still continues... 60hp 4-stroke Yammy or E-tec???

I desperatly need to take a ride on an E-tec....I live in Sydney near Botany bay, and am hoping somone can help me out.???? Am more than willing to pay for their time.

thanks

Both damn good motors in their own rights. Both very different. What sort of expextations do you have for the ETEC i may be able to answer some questions.

Ive only got a 50 on mine so it wont really compare on the water but like i said i can answer some questions.

Tell you the things i like though.

Great acceleration typical of a two stroke made better though by fuel injection and computor control timing.

Uses bugger all fuel and oil.

Very quiet for a two stroke and no smoke

very good to troll with being fuel injected.

No service for 3 years

Stainless prop

great back up systems in place for mechanical or electrical faults - limp home mode etc

Can hook my laptop up to it and look at everything its done or doing.

Saying this, whatever you get you cant go wrong- 4 stroke Yamaha's an awsome motor.

Hi Guys....

thanks

We have just purchased a 90hp e-tec. Cant compare it with the 4 stroke but do know that the boat shop that sold it to us sold ALL brands of motor including the Yamaha 4 stroke so no barrow to push and they recommended the e-tec. The recommendation came as far as we know as unbiased advice - in fact they get more commission from the Yamaha people. The motor is virtually fume free, quiet, very quick to plane our 5.1 Quintrex Bowrider. Have only used it twice so can't comment on fuel and oil consumption but we are happy with our purchase. The motor is happy to go along at slow speeds as well as fast, we have motored up our river for an hour at 4 knots and it never missed a beat. The servicing costs are certainly worth considering. Either way, you really can't go wrong, we went through the same worries but made our choice and are happy with it. Hope you get some sleep soon!!

Rodholder,

I have a 90 E-tec on my 470 Attack and it's awesome, as I posted on another site in response, we will be down at Port Hacking this coming weekend (Sunday 20th) with an Ausbream social, there will be a few other E-tecs down there also.

PM me if you want a ride.

Craig.