Bag of Blue Spots Means Beer!

Berleyguts

43 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

All worth a go, particularly the last one! ?

The pick up is a filtered bilge pump inlet, not a scoop.

I know the one you mean.   I had that and didn’t like it running dry underway. So I used an irrigation fitting with mesh in it as a filter for the pick up,  sometimes it clogged up now I have en extra bit of mesh on the outside of the pickup.   Three Johnson pumps later including the faulty one that sprayed out of the housing I switched to a rule pump and had no further problems to date. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Welster said:

I know the one you mean.   I had that and didn’t like it running dry underway. So I used an irrigation fitting with mesh in it as a filter for the pick up,  sometimes it clogged up now I have en extra bit of mesh on the outside of the pickup.   Three Johnson pumps later including the faulty one that sprayed out of the housing I switched to a rule pump and had no further problems to date. 

Thanks. I’ll have a look at it when I get back from WA. It came with the boat from new. I would have thought it was a Rule but it could be a Johnson. Never had a problem until the last few trips and yesterday was the first time the bilge pump kicked in. The inlet has never appeared to be clogged but... it has occurred after I fitted my berley pot on the other side.