Rod for Saragosa 20000

Hi guys,

Looking at getting a big spinner for trolling offshore and pulling big fish away from the rocks.  

I've decided on the Gosa 20k, now I just need to find the right rod looking at the uglystick bluewater 37kg/PE8 or something from the saltist range. Will be running 80lb braid.

Don't want to break the bank as I'll be buying a few more outfits as the year goes on. Please post any suggestions , I'm after information before I make the purchase.

15 minutes ago, TheChad said:

I have looked at them and I think they'd be a great popping rod but they don't seem to make a short jigging model which is what I'm after.

Wasn't sure if you meant land based when you said from the rocks, yes agree the Terez are a bit long and lacking parabolic pull for the boat. There seems to be a whole load of decent little parabolic rods at very reasonable prices which was once the domain of high priced gear. I've got several jigging master rods which were quite pricey but never failed me, however as mentioned there are also now far cheaper rods that basically do the same. One guy I take out chassing kings recently bought a little Abu jig stick which he's stopping kings 12-16kg without any probs, the rod was well under $200. 

Edited by JonD

Last night I decided on the 37kg uglystick jig spin. I couldn't turn down $179 on special. I ordered a saragosa as well. That makes a good value combo. Can't wait till they arrive.