Broken Plano Box

mottyman

Hi Guys,

I have one of the large Plano boxes and I've broken the handle out of the lid. The box is quite a good one and suits my needs well so I'm keen to fix it if I can. It's a 757-004 Guide Series.

I was carrying it inside out of the boat after a recent trip and the handle came free and the box went crashing to the ground!!!! Not happy Jan!! :thumbdown::thumbdown:

The handle fits by way of two "lugs" at either end which fit inside recessed areas inside the lid. One of those lugs that secure the handle has snapped off.

I'm not after a new box, just a new handle for the lid.

So... does anyone have a contact number or email address for Plano in Australia? I tried the American site however my email has gone unanswered.

Any help provided is greately appreciated.

Cheers

David.

JM GILLIES 03 9646 4745

DAN

I took mine to Otto's and he gave me a new handle on the spot, BUT, not long after, it broke again.

I then drilled out the lugs and put rope thru there and tied it VERY tight, been that way for years and years and still going strong.

changa

Thanks Dan, I'll give him a call when I get a chance and explain my situation. Legend - ta! :biggrin2:

Changa, I had exactly that same thought. I was going to drill it out and put some rope through it. The lugs on the handle don't appear very strong at all and in time I can see the same thing happening.

Thanks guys, one way or another - problem solved!! :yahoo::yahoo:

David.

Mottyman

Had the same thing happen to me when I swung the box out of the boat last year. May be too many sinkers in it. Ended up pre drilling the broken lug end and screwing in a large self tapping screw. Looks as good as new (at least from the outside) and still going strong.

John

Hi Guys,

Problem fixed.

Last night, I drilled out the holes to use the "rope idea" and then it dawned on me I could put some small bolts and lock nuts on it to hold the handle in.

So.. out came the trusted bucket of assorted nuts and bolts and bob's your uncle. No problems.

Cheers

David.

Edited by mottyman