Pittwater 13/11

hatheadheaven

Pretty hesitant to post a crappy report, but haven't posted a report for a while, so what the hey....

Hit Pittwater early Sun morning with a plan to score some livies and trawl them round the 'Joey for some kings.

Well, parked 30m out from the pill box at west head about 6am and burleyed up for some yakkas but could not encourage them into the boat :ranting2: Had one yakka on the rig, but jumped off on the surface. Jigged one nice squid, but that was it. Went to Mackeral Beach to land some but still no joy :ranting2: Not sure what I am doing wrong - anyone got some tips to encourage the livies? Burleyed up with bread, but they didn't come to the party.

Anyway, trolled past Barrenjoey and down towards whale beach with the lonely squid and a deep diver on the other rod, but didn't even get a touch. Can't understand it - tide was great, sea was flat (maybe that was the problem), weather perfect.

Beautiful day out, but no action. Very disappointed, but thats fishin.......

Any other raiders with some luck on the weekend?

I can have that drama with livies at West Head too. Bloody little shits !

I discovered a while back that when its tough there to try Juno. I always get Yakkas their about mid water and they usually quiet big too. Rarely need burley usually cause they is enough boats there all with burly anyhow. Even when there is no boats there still there.

Just been using my flick stick with a 3/8 jig and a bit of tuna. Drop it down and wham. Go too deep and you may miss them. Never not caught yakka there. Pretty consistant. Always bigger, although sometimes Tailor can get their first but thatl do too.

Just another option

Cheers

I usually find if the livies are skittish at West head, then there is a kingie nearby...

and he usually hits the handline with the bait jig.

When i dont catch them there, i move around 50-60 metres along the coast and try again. its surprising but just a little move like that can make all the difference,.

Thanks Grant and Coach. Will give it another go next week.

Now, in the unlikely event I don't jag a couple of livies, anyone got an opinion on a decent lure for kingies, one that can be trolled around. Heard that rapalas and halcos can do the trick, but given I'm a bit light on in the knowledge dept for these lures (and many other things :1prop: ), can anyone suggest a lure I should have on board.

Cheers

Simon

Also try Palmy ferry wharf if the Yakkas won't play the the pillbox.

Remember that they can take 10 minutes to turn up so if they are not there straight away give them a chance.

Thanks Grant and Coach. Will give it another go next week.

Now, in the unlikely event I don't jag a couple of livies, anyone got an opinion on a decent lure for kingies, one that can be trolled around. Heard that rapalas and halcos can do the trick, but given I'm a bit light on in the knowledge dept for these lures (and many other things :1prop: ), can anyone suggest a lure I should have on board.

Cheers

Simon

Rapala CD's are the go, a CD 9 would be a good size. Or you could always try sluggos.