Reccomendations for a 2nd hand motor.

mannyman

Hey Raiders.

I am looking at repowering my 09 quinny from 30hp Merc to 40hp just to give it a bit of extra go. 

Can anyone reccomend a place in brissy for a second hand motor that won't gouge me to hard? I've seen plenty online that are 15 years old and only 2-3k under a brand newy.

TIA

Manny

45 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

How much are you willing to spend?

And do you mean brissy waters....or brisbane QLD?

Brisbane QLD...

Depending on what I can get for my current motor but I was hoping around 4k. I could just be dreaming haha

edited.

Edited by mannyman

That's right, when you want to buy a second hand motor the dealer will tell you they hold their price very well, when you want to sell a motor the dealer will tell you there isn't much call for 2nd hand motors and they loose their value very quickly.

Frank

• Like 1

I have recently been quoted $7,800 for brand new ETec  40hp fitted and $8,200 for Mercury 4 stroke 40hp fitted so that will give you an idea of how much the 2nd hand ones are cheaper than new. I guess Yammy and Suzuki would be roughly the same, Honda are dearer.

Frank

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, frankS said:

I have recently been quoted $7,800 for brand new ETec  40hp fitted and $8,200 for Mercury 4 stroke 40hp fitted so that will give you an idea of how much the 2nd hand ones are cheaper than new. I guess Yammy and Suzuki would be roughly the same, Honda are dearer.

Frank

Thats great intel frank....im curious...how much mark up did each dealer want for the installation?

Ie. What was the standalone outboard cost.