Botany Bay 18/11/05

Whitto

Launched on Friday arvo at 4pm to give RodHolder a ride in the Etec ... while my deckie was pumping some nippers :thumbup:

All went as expected ... Steve was blown away by the Poly/Etec and my mate got around 30 nippers :biggrin2:

Getting out into the bay was a challenge in 20knot wind, but the Poly took it in stride and we were soon anchored in 2 metres of water that was occasionally washing over the bow and dragging the anchor ... the wind increased and we decided that if the fish didn't show in the first 30mins we were gone.

30mins later and my deckie was leading 4-0 with bream to 34cm.

Had to move after the anchor pulled again and just as the deckie got out the dreaded bannana, my bream rod got smashed ... 15mins later the bannana was history and there was a 60cm Salmon in the net ... great fun on light gear :thumbup:

The bite shut down so we moved to a more sheltered spot and got 4 more bream to 40cm and a nice trevor.

As the trevor was hooked (by the deckie) some bloke on a windsurfer decided to come within 10m of our stern to get a closer look ... by bream rod went screaming as he snagged the line at around 30 knots, reeling off 70m of fireline in seconds ... picked up the rod and grabbed the spool and struck just before the backing line ... silly thing to do, but in the heat of the moment these things happen ... anyway, this bloke got SMASHED like someone had pulled the nose of his board underwater :1yikes: My leader parted and I got all but the hook back.

This bloke wasn't far away from us and looked sick and sorry ... so after landing the trevor and another bream we were just about to go and see how badly off he was when he took off across the bay ... with my hook :074:

We'd had enough of the washing machine and had ourselves a feed so we headed home :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Here's the pic ...

post-526-1132396261.jpg

You just need heavier tackle..........

I think that most sailboards and kite-surfers could be handled on a good standup 15kg outfit while

still maintaining a sporting approach.

Jetskis however I think you may need to go to a chair with at least a 37kg outfit....... may even need wire on the leader too......

Would you have to tag and release or could you just gaff them?

Hmm the posibilitys, luckey I dont :beersmile: when Im fishing!!!

If I had a video of when the windsurfer went flying it would be worth big $$$

It was amazing my rod didn't break and I highly recommend the Shimano Stradic Spin for jagging windsurfers :thumbup:

Jetskiers are on the wanted list but I don't have a game chair :mad3:

I can guarantee that one day a kite surfer will hit a boat at speed and do some major damage to himself ... the poor boatie is doing 4 knots in atrocious conditions while the kitesurfer is doing 30 knots in the same conditions ... and the boatie will be in the wrong for not giving way :ranting2:

The nippers worked a treat for the first time in ages ... all fish were very healthy and delicious :biggrin2:

(I can still see that bloke smashing himself after I tripped his board) :074::074::074::074:

Guest lbgking

You just need heavier tackle..........

I think that most sailboards and kite-surfers could be handled on a good standup 15kg outfit while

still maintaining a sporting approach.

Jetskis however I think you may need to go to a chair with at least a 37kg outfit....... may even need wire on the leader too......

Would you have to tag and release or could you just gaff them?

Hmm the posibilitys, luckey I dont :beersmile: when Im fishing!!!

Mate I like your style!!! We should catch up for day on the water ... catching fish that is. If not we could borrow that chair those guys chasing great whites were using. Maybe a new LBG class?