Brute bream from Davidson Park

BrassRoots

Dropped the wife at Chatswood on Friday and drove down to Davidson Park to flick along the bank.

Started out under Roseville bridge with hard bodies for bream/flat head and large soft plastics for jew. No takers. Switched to a spanyid sniper vibe (black colour, 13g) for the bream outfit and continued up and down the bank both up and down river. Caught a small chopper and a lizard fish/grinner. I could see lots of smaller bream around the rocks but couldnt get any takers.

Towards the end of the session I walked up towards the smaller creek that drrains into the large bend at the north end of davidson park and startedd casting around. Felt a little tap and then a heavy weight. Felt like a good fish striaght away taking good runs. I fish a heavy drag for 6lb brain too so I knew it had some decent pull. I knew it wasnt a flattie either cause it didnt have the distinct head shakes so wasnt worried about sharp teeth.

Finally get it close to the bank and see a large flash of silver and suddenly a monster appears. The biggest bream I've caught so far. I fish without a landing next and so grabbed the line and flicked in onto the muddy, rocky bank and the line snaps. But I have it trapped with my feet. A quick measure and then back in the water.

Condidtions were sunny and hot with the tide just about to hit slack on the low side. The fish was hooked more towards the middle of the chanel as you would expect.

2.jpg

• Like 4