Monavale

Saffa

Hi Raiders! Ex South African here (yes I know we're invading ;)) living in Narrabeen. Love it. Ok, so fishing in Monavale recently and I've tried rock bait (that orange stuff that grows on the rocks), bread, pippies, and cabbage seaweed and only 2 small rock fish (small rock cods) any advice on what to use and how to use it? Tight lines! 

13 hours ago, Saffa said:

Hi Raiders! Ex South African here (yes I know we're invading ;)) living in Narrabeen. Love it. Ok, so fishing in Monavale recently and I've tried rock bait (that orange stuff that grows on the rocks), bread, pippies, and cabbage seaweed and only 2 small rock fish (small rock cods) any advice on what to use and how to use it? Tight lines! 

Welcome to Australia & fishraider 👍 

What specifically are you trying to catch??

Different species usually require different rigs/bait etc.

Whiting & bream would like the pippies & can be caught on similar rigs but that depends on how you are tying to fish i.e off the beach or rocks.

More info please!

• Thanks 1

Thanks Kingie Chaser! I'm fishing off the rocks on the far side of the beach, at the cliffs. Using an overhead rod and reel. I also have a blackfish rod and reel. It's strange because I've tried using cunjevoi with no luck. I think I must try squid strips and prawn! 

Have a read through the best ever tips for blackfishing. 

There are some great spots around your area for chasing blackfish.

You could also look at beach fishing for a range of species as well.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Saffa said:

Thanks Kingie Chaser! I'm fishing off the rocks on the far side of the beach, at the cliffs. Using an overhead rod and reel. I also have a blackfish rod and reel. It's strange because I've tried using cunjevoi with no luck. I think I must try squid strips and prawn! 

There are a lot of species that can be caught off the rocks from Luderick & drummer to snapper & kingfish.

All I can suggest is pick a particular species & do a bit of research on that to start.

Eg, if you are trying for luderick then you need to fish with a float set at the right depth & have the right bait & fish the right tide.

Have a read through that post that was put up by arpie, it has some great info in it.

Good luck mate :thumbup:

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...