Harbour Ruled By Kings?

carlin11

Hi fishermen,In the past few weeks I have read and heard that Kingfish of Decent size have been caught or seen in Middle Harbour/Sow Pig Reef Spit Bridge etc. However no one seems to be posting reports on any such success.....Any Verifications/Proof of these trips and catches in Sydney...............We all know the Harbour once held some mighty KINGS in its day,but has died off in previos years,Thanks All,,

MORE FISHIN ..LESS WORKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Funny-Post: Hope it stops raining.. :1badmood:

hi there rebel,

Captain Pugwash is our resident kingie guru, just check out some of his recent reports :thumbup:

a well missed member caught an 80cm model last week so they are around

Dear Reef Rebel,

don't believe a word that Jewnut says. I am far more HOODOO than GURU.

What I can tell you is that around North Head over the last month or so some real hoodlums have been hooked but I know of none that were landed. I have become very good friends with a charter boat captain on the harbour who I trust 100%. He watched a fisho that he knows very well fight a monster at north head in recent weeks. He actually got a look at it before it busted him off. Genuinely between 10 and 15kgs.

The same skipper has hooked and lost a couple of BIG fish in middle harbour. Fish that have run 100 metres to find something to break him off.

A few weeks ago we had 4 people on board and landed 12 and lost 10. While all those that came on board were rats, a couple of the "one's that got away" felt much bigger.

And I actually saw firsthand JoCool's 80cm model last Saturday.

They ARE out there and I'm on a mission to hook AND land one of them!

And rest assured, being a bragging bastard that I am, you blokes will certainly know about it! :thumbup:

Cheers

Pete

Guest bluecod

I am far more HOODOO than GURU.

..... rest assured, being a bragging bastard that I am, you blokes will certainly know about it! :thumbup:

All you say may be true Pete :biggrin2: BUT you have been doing alright lately on the kingies!

Has there been a particular stage of the tide when they've come on the chew or is the burley you throw out??

All you say may be true Pete :biggrin2: BUT you have been doing alright lately on the kingies!

Has there been a particular stage of the tide when they've come on the chew or is the burley you throw out??

George,

the embarrassing truth is we don't chase tides. Because we do so much :beersmile: we just go whenever we finally wake up. Big Jo gave me a gobful on Sat because we were just leaving the marina at 11am and he was heading home! :074:

The only advice I've picked up from my "coach", the charter operator is that they don't generally bite much at the change of tide.

As far as berley goes, we just use chook pellets. No tuna oil or anything flash. We do chop up yakka frames and throw them over every now and again.

Don't forget that we do get none sometimes.

We never use squid because I couldn't be bothered chasing it. We only ever use yakkas pinned thru the back. We generally set them about one third of the depth of the water we are in. ie. 7m from the surface in 21m of water.

We rarely troll because Dollface gets bored. And I don't flick plastics around because I'm lazy. Basically, we go to our usual haunts, sound the bait, anchor up, put the livies down, crack a beer and WAIT.

My mate has been downrigging them very successfully recently with both squid and yakkas.

The two secrets to our "luck" are that we paid Des to "educate" us and we spend a lot of time on the water chasing them.

Cheers

Pete

Like I said the other day

ALL HAIL THE CAPTAIN :1prop:

Pete ya got the runs on the board mate I hate to say it but

YOU DA MAN PETE.........YOU DA MAN

Happy :1fishing1: Russ

Thanks Russ,

but this year I do feel like I've been struck on the arse by a rainbow!

We had a shit winter compared to last and I thought our run would continue but thank the Lord it has swung around and now we are targetting Kings specifically. We avoid the flatties like the plague because they invoke WAY too much emotion. :074:

Keep ya sense of humour,

Pete