Surf ski paddlers

Coswecanfly

Today the missus and I dropped our little monkey at a friend's place and went fishing at Reids Flat in the royal national park. Had a lovely day until these absolute morons in surf skis came paddling past in what can only be described as a geriatric "race".

No amount of begging and pleading was enough to make them go around our lines and they just ploughed straight through them. Tangling themselves and breaking off our equipment. Big river with more than enough water to share but then they start shouting and swearing at us! Being a big boy I'm not one to stand back so I told a couple of them what I thought of them and their un-Australian manners. If I had heavier gear I might have flung a few 5 ounce sinker straight through the side of their kayaks. 

Do any of you have similar experiences and what did you do? I've never experienced such blatant disregard for another river user. 

Excuse my blatantly unashamedly biased opinion, but it sounds like typical clubbie mentality. 

Self opinionated and self promoted to think they're great and above normal human physical ability fuelled by pack mentality, but actually quite useless to society.

As a life long surfer I've encountered the egotistical morons on numerous occasions.

Undoubtedly there are some who don't act like this, but, truth is they are the minority and they never seem to pull up this type of behaviour by their brothers in clubbie colours.

In fact, only on Wednesday night I was out fishing and one such group of surf boat rowing geniuses were on the water. Way past dark and not a single light on their 'boat'. With 5 on board, a sweep and 4 rowers, a fishing boat on plane would clean them up and the skipper of said power boat would be held accountable.

I yelled at them to be responsible and have navigation lights, but in typical clubbie fashion all they could do was yell back foul language.

Unfortunately for them I video them with my phone, including their foul language response. A copy has been sent to SLSA and the State and Federal Sports Minister(s). It's high time they stopped having their sport subsidised by the taxpayers of Australia. Half-price surf skis, boards and even travel and accommodation to events all on the auspice of saving lives. It's BS and needs to stop.

• Like 1

Poor and unsafe behaviour on the waterways has been going on for a longgggg time. Social media makes it all the more visible. We have all experienced it and it spoils the experience for sure.

Please make sure you let the authorities handle this stuff. It is not worth injury or problems. 

I am closing this post - see Site Rules as it usually results in some nasty threatening "advice" 

2. No posts on illegal fishing activity - for example illegal methods, protected fishing zones, bag limits, undersize fish, vigilante behaviour, pictures of illegal captures

mrsswordie aka Community Manager

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1