Weather App

micktempe

11 hours ago, Ah Me Ting said:

Personally I wouldn't pay much attention to any forecast past a couple of days. I most definitely wouldn't bother paying for one!

If you want to get a general idea of what the weather might be like, the interactive weather and wave forecast map on BOM is a good free resource.

The forecast maps for the next four days published by BOM are the most accurate due to their near term prognosis, but even still, things change. 

Just look at that last cyclone, it was being updated hourly and anything predicted further than an hour was constantly rebutted by the eye of the storm. More sedate weather patterns are the same. 

It's more about general consensus and overall effect past a day or so out in any forecast period. 

I can't agree more that about the only thing certain about a forecast is that it is a forecast what actually happens will be different probably more often than not.

I live inland and at least 4 hours from where I normally fish, which means a fishing trip is not just going out for the morning, it is a whole weekend thing for me usually. Having a longer term forecast us useful for me so I can start to give SWMBO a bit of warning, "I'm going away next weekend" about a week in advance.

Normally a day or two before, a "go" or "no-go" decision is made based on a number of sources like BW, WW and BOM.  If I do go, it is all good as it was expected.  If I stay home, hopefully she wants me around, so all good as well.  Better than a last minute, I'm going away for the weekend!

• Like 1

I wasn't aware there was an app until just now, but Windy.com is very good. Its predictions are accurate and location specific as you're going to get. 

I've been using it on my PC for quite some time and rate it above all others I've tried.

On 5/4/2019 at 2:53 PM, Green Hornet said:

I wasn't aware there was an app until just now, but Windy.com is very good. Its predictions are accurate and location specific as you're going to get. 

I've been using it on my PC for quite some time and rate it above all others I've tried.

I have this app too. It's pretty expensive for the paid one but has good animation and good for big picture stuff for offshore like MetEye. It's pretty hectic to get used to as it has alot of info in it.