Warning Signal

basic_fisho

:05: Hi guys. I have a problem.I get a warning signal when i turn the ignition on,and when it is running,i have tried it in foreward and reverse it is still there. I got some good advice yesterday from Hottunna and jewnut,sadly it did,nt work.I found my owners manual and it said the warning signal is for oil out or very low,there was plenty in the container,it is fuel injected.It aso said the other thing was over heating of the motor. The water is coming through very strong,and apart from that it did it again this morning when the motor was cold.I also changed the oil in the gear housing.If any one would like to give an opinion on what it could be i would be grateful. I am leaning to the feeling that the switch is faulty in the control box where the noise is coming from.The motor is a 98/ 40 h.p. Marina. I have never had a problem with the motor before.

Here,s hoping some one can come up with some ideas.Thanks in advance.Ben. :beersmile:

:05: Hi guys. I have a problem.I get a warning signal when i turn the ignition on,and when it is running,i have tried it in foreward and reverse it is still there. I got some good advice yesterday from Hottunna and jewnut,sadly it did,nt work.I found my owners manual and it said the warning signal is for oil out or very low,there was plenty in the container,it is fuel injected.It aso said the other thing was over heating of the motor. The water is coming through very strong,and apart from that it did it again this morning when the motor was cold.I also changed the oil in the gear housing.If any one would like to give an opinion on what it could be i would be grateful. I am leaning to the feeling that the switch is faulty in the control box where the noise is coming from.The motor is a 98/ 40 h.p. Marina. I have never had a problem with the motor before.

Here,s hoping some one can come up with some ideas.Thanks in advance.Ben. :beersmile:

Ben, mine was the same, suzuki 60HP oil, sorry can not offer a solution...no doubt others will...

pogo could be right, the sender might be stuck down low (or stuffed altogether) causing the buzzer to go off. I had to get a new fuel sender (very costly for my boat) as it constantly showd a 3/4 full fuel tank.

Ben, when i had the buzzer going off i rang my local dealer who services my boat and they told me the problem over the phone(as i said, turned out to be low on gear oil), try doing the same as it will save you taking it to them to get charged just so they can have a look.

Edited by jewnut

Guest bluecod

Ben,

Before you go running around, check that all electrical connections are not corroded, are making good contact and wiring into the connections are not loose.

pogo could be right, the sender might be stuck down low (or stuffed altogether) causing the buzzer to go off. I had to get a new fuel sender (very costly for my boat) as it constantly showd a 3/4 full fuel tank.

Ben, when i had the buzzer going off i rang my local dealer who services my boat and they told me the problem over the phone(as i said, turned out to be low on gear oil), try doing the same as it will save you taking it to them to get charged just so they can have a look.

Hi Jewnut . I changed the oil in the gear box. You actually did me a favour as i had neglected to keep up to the oil.But it did,nt make any differance.In the owners manual it only mentions the water over heating in the engine, and the low on oil that can start the sender alarm off.Thanks for your interest.Ben :beersmile:

My money is on a faulty temp sensor on the block or as Bluecod suggested, a wiring problem. Next time the buzzer is going off, see if you can isolate this temp sensor. Shouldn't be too difficult. My old man's 40hp Yammie had the same annoying prob.

Good luck

Red

Firstly, you wanna be sure that the oil IS getting into the fuel and mixing at the specified ratio.

a 'LEAN OUT' caused by the oil injector/mixer(for an easier term) can and will cause overheating.

As bluecod and red suggested, do easy things first, check connections, get a multi meter and check wires for continuity and also test the senders.

the temp sender is easy. you can remove them and test cold, then put in boling water for 5 mins and test again to see if it works.

If connections are good and temp sender is ok, i would not risk blowin a powerhead by a lean out. :ranting2:

Get it checked by qualified service techo's.

Once they isolate the prob, you are sweet. its cheap insurance :thumbup:

changa