Looking For Advice

Lewis

G,day all.

Living down around Wollongong I have a great back yard for fishing, what with the Five Islands only a stones throw away, Windang Island and Shellharbour just a little further south, not to mention Bass Point, Kiama, the list goes on. In the past I have only ever chased the likes of bream, flathead, snapper, trevally and morwong or taylor and jew from the rocks. now that I have the means of getting out to some of the afore mentioned spots, namely a boat, I would like to target some of our better known pelagics, such as kings, tuna and salmon etc.

I did pick up a few stripies and mac tuna at the end of last season with out really having that much knowledge of the finer art of fishing for this type of quarry.

I guess what I'm asking is that if I am going to have some consistant success chasing kings, tuna, salmon and the likes, would I be better off trolling say metal lures, small to mid sized skirts, bibbed lures around the places I mentioned earlier, or should I be casting these lures into the washes around the islands or a combination of the two.

Also what is the desired trolling speed for these fish.

Thanks to all in advance who may offer their advice.

Catch you soon, Lew.

Thanks for the welcome Boppa!

Yes I know Gongfisho ( Ben ), we have fished together previously, will have to hook up with him again soon, just a bit hard with the short notice, usually the night befor, that you know you are definately able to put the boat in the water. :074:

Catch you soon, Lew. :thumbup: