Botany Bay Saturday

Gabm

I (finally) had a live bait tank installed Friday 😁, so decided to blood it Saturday.

Was a bad start, unfortunately. The inlet was leaking & stupidly I didn’t bring the correct tools, so we had to run the bildge much of the day.

Stopped off just around the corner of Molli point & got some yakkas reasonably quickly. It was a bit windy, so stayed in the bay heading just around the corner to join a bunch of boats just near the point. Nothing there. Dropped one fish on bait, the livie swam around happily & caused a tangle!

Wind died down so headed to the far side of Bare island for a few drifts. Took a while, but we hit a patch of squid. Unfortunately we dropped several, and only ended with two! Not sure why. don’t usually have that much trouble?!

One of the livies was mutilated by, I assume, squid or octopus, as its brain area had been slowly chomped. No hits on the others all day.

It was fairly ordinary trip, but it was a great day to be on the water & we gave the tank a good christening, decorated with blood & ink! No more on the spot decisions on what to do with squid: dispatch & ice for dinner, or (live) bait.

Cheers

331C377B-F57D-46E7-8B9A-44674B90C308.jpeg

• Like 4