When Will Narra Lakes Be Opened?

pogo

Went and had a look at the entrance to Narra lakes yesterday,

It looks pretty full

Anybody have an idea when the council will open it up

More rain all this week

Maybe we need to be on standby for an impromptu Fishraider social for high tide a day or two after it is opened.

regards POGO

Went and had a look at the entrance to Narra lakes yesterday,

It looks pretty full

Anybody have an idea when the council will open it up

More rain all this week

Maybe we need to be on standby for an impromptu Fishraider social for high tide a day or two after it is opened.

regards POGO

a mate of mine rang the council and was told if the recent rain doesnt open it up they will be opening

it in the next two weeks.

should be great fishing when it opens up.dont forget inspectors will be there in full force

like last year.they booked a heap of fishos

Had a look on the way to work this morning, it's not quite ready yet, and the big surf yesterday hasn't really helped as it's pushed sand up onto the beach. With luck a storm forecast for tomorrow and hopefully smaller surf will see it break (or get broken) by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Neil

Had a look on the way to work this morning, it's not quite ready yet, and the big surf yesterday hasn't really helped as it's pushed sand up onto the beach. With luck a storm forecast for tomorrow and hopefully smaller surf will see it break (or get broken) by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Neil

are there any good gutters there at the moment as i might drive up there tonite after work.

I was fishing at McCarrs creek with my son this evening (we didn't get a thing - the livies were picked at but that was it - too much rain and cool water I guess that far back from the ocean) and there was hardly a drop of rain - lightning all round but no rain, so I don't know how much rain there was in the Narra lakes catchment.

I'll have another look on my way to work tomorrow - I'll check the gutters as well (couldn't see yesterday as the surf was all white water.

Cheers,

neil

Not enough rain in the catchment for it to break open yet, I looked this morning at about 7am. Late for work so didn't have time to check the gutters...

Hopefully storms today?

Cheers,

Neil

If past 10 years are any indication, it won't open by itself and will require a bulldozer to open it as happened last time. The problem is there has to be a higher level in the lake to open it, than what the residents will put up with, especially when it has been closed for so long.

Matt

only about 5-10mm in the narra catchment last night so not enough. but boy was it coming down at my joint! (artarmon).

you can expect further (slow) increases in water levels over the next few days as groundwater seeps into the creeks and then lake.

still needs about 0.4m increase before council will open the lake.