Saturday Arvo Fish

James P

Hi All,

Went out after work on saturday to try for some kingies because that beautiful sun came out, However when we got to the heads the North East wind was relentless making it hard to troll so i we just went up and down from north head to the yellow marker, Unfortunately no Kingies but picked up a woppa salmon, and also got a bit keen and snagged my favourite deep diving lure when i went a bit too close to the rocks :05: Then i went for a drift and picked up a heap of flathead on anchovies between the heads however mainly undersized and all released however they did scoff the anchovies the second it touched the bottom. We also got a tropical looking flathead( i think) which had cool wings looking things on it.

Anyways cant wait for the winds to ease, its good to see the rain though!!!

Hey Mate, Dont worry i was in the same boat as you, I went to chatswood bait and tackle in the morning and said wats good for flatties and he went over and plonked them in front of me, i didnt know either, they are like blue bait only bigger, about 3 or 4 inches long, go to your local tackle shop and ask them because they really did work on every drop down!!! good luck

Hey mate, no i havent, were i was fishing it ws about 70 feet deep with a really strong current so by the time the bait with a big sinker got down it was already 20m to one side the boat whcih ruled sp's out (i think) Othger than salmon i havent caught anything on sp's, i have tried to no success with them i really need to try them more often with all these reports. I might have to catch up with someone who knows for a land based session some time because some of the fish you are catching on sp's sound very nice.

We also got a tropical looking flathead( i think) which had cool wings looking things on it.

Anyways cant wait for the winds to ease, its good to see the rain though!!!

Sounds like you caught yourself a flying fish (gurnard).