Minn Kota Ulterra or Terrova

sydney south

Hello All,

I have just bought a Quintrex 510 Fontier at the Boat show.

Did the deal with a Minn Kota Terrova .

Thinking I may upgrade to the Ulterra with the self deploy an stow function.

Has anyone had or heard of any good or bad experiences with the Minn Kota Ulterra with the self deploy? As i have heard that they have had some warranty issues...

I went out with a well known fishing guide in Sydney and his advice was to stick with the manual deploy as he knew people who had gone the other way and had multiple failures. I think it depends on how much you go out though, if you only go out every second weekend and use it half a dozen times a trip it's probably fine. Certainly convenient and has height adjustment.

I have a boat like yours, I think if I had a boat with a cabin I would definitely go the Ulterra option, otherwise I'd just go the manual deploy. I've deployed mine a hundred times and I've never really wished it was self deploy. But that's prob because I haven't owned the other

Can you PM me the price you got as I'm thinking of upgrading to the 80LB

6 hours ago, mob0103 said:

I went out with a well known fishing guide in Sydney and his advice was to stick with the manual deploy as he knew people who had gone the other way and had multiple failures. I think it depends on how much you go out though, if you only go out every second weekend and use it half a dozen times a trip it's probably fine. Certainly convenient and has height adjustment.

I have a boat like yours, I think if I had a boat with a cabin I would definitely go the Ulterra option, otherwise I'd just go the manual deploy. I've deployed mine a hundred times and I've never really wished it was self deploy. But that's prob because I haven't owned the other

Can you PM me the price you got as I'm thinking of upgrading to the 80LB

Thanks. This the way I have been advised and have dicided on the manual deploy. 

As for the price.  It was built into the deal. The manual deploy is a 55lb.

I am looking at changing the lowrance to the hummingbird and getting the I pilot link.