Narrabeen Fishing...

big_steve

Gday raiders,

just wanted to know if any1 has heard if whiting are biting at narrabeen yet?

i night fished the sand flats near the caravan park nd under the bridge last year and scored some bumper whiting..

im on hols at the moment so im keen to try it out again..

cheers steve.. :1fishing1:

The lake is still closed at the moment and really needs a refresh from the ocean, so I haven't fished it in months. Talk is that the council may be opening it in the next coupla weeks.

I haven't seen many people fishing down at the caravan park (I drive past at least twice a day), so that could be a good thing for you...!

I scored a whiting off Warriewood beach last weekend, so they're about.

Good Luck,

Neil.

The lake is still closed at the moment and really needs a refresh from the ocean, so I haven't fished it in months. Talk is that the council may be opening it in the next coupla weeks.

I haven't seen many people fishing down at the caravan park (I drive past at least twice a day), so that could be a good thing for you...!

I scored a whiting off Warriewood beach last weekend, so they're about.

Good Luck,

Neil.

i remember reading somthing on narrabeen how the council closed part of it off i wasnt exactly sure which part it was..

mate do u know the reason y they closed it off..? and how they did it?

i thnk i read that the lake was ALL GREEN??

hopefully it eventually fires up again it was an awesome spot for night fishing for whiting there..

thanks for the reply neil..

cheers steve :1fishing1:

i remember reading somthing on narrabeen how the council closed part of it off i wasnt exactly sure which part it was..

mate do u know the reason y they closed it off..? and how they did it?

i thnk i read that the lake was ALL GREEN??

hopefully it eventually fires up again it was an awesome spot for night fishing for whiting there..

thanks for the reply neil..

cheers steve :1fishing1:

Mate the council didn't close the entrance to the lake, a combination of low lake levels due in part to the drought, and also the action of the surf piling sand up at the entrance has caused this. There's a lot of sand to move, so it'll be the council that'll have to do this with 'dozers - I saw a buncha kids up there digging when the lake was quite high due to the rain last week, but they were going nowhere fast. I wouldn't say the lake is green, but it's not the freshest smelling waterway at the moment.

I've never night fished the caravan park, but I've had some good day sessions in the past with flatties, bream, the odd small whiting and a few blackfish and 'jackets. I hope it gets opened soon, I'm itching for a fly fishing sesh...

Cheers,

Neil