Gymea Baths Access??

kaniSS

Hi All,

I'm taking my 2 boys (10 and 8 ) fishing on Friday. We plan on hitting Audley Weir first, followed by Swallow Rock boat ramp and we want to finish up at Gymea baths for a fish and swim. 

Just one silly question how do you get down to the baths? Where do you park your car? last time I went to have a look by car, I couldn't figure it out so I drove off.

I've attached an image for reference.  (I'm guessing you walk through the bush where I've marked in blue? is this right?) Can I park on the street where the pic is taken from? 

Cheers.

Capture44.JPG

Hi Kaniss,

Looking at google maps it doesnt show the road. Its quit a steep road that goes down. In the image you will see that arrow on the road and its just down that. you can get down and up again in a sedan or small car, just go slow at the top part. Best you dont go down if the ground is wet in a small car or you might have trouble coming back out.

image.thumb.png.525365e61f49d2f3f43c6bb75dee033f.png

• Like 1

OHHHH I see now lol God I'm such a buffoon lol. It's confusing cause I couldn't see the road on google earth due to the tree line...

So don't turn right into the residential cul-de sac road, keep going and it's on the right. Mate that's awesome, thank you for the info.

Kids will love this. I've been wanting to take them there for a swim and fishing for a while.

Our plan is to take some worms, prawns, and nippers. Hopefully they can catch something. I'll be throwing a few SP's around... and dealing with the kids off course. 

Yeah prawns and SP's do well there. Fish light in that area and works well. Issue is getting a decent fish up on light line can be difficult.

Just remember as I've stated above, its a very steep hill down in the car, if your cars heavy with bad or semi tyres you might not make it out. Id probably suggest you park outside and take a walk to take a look at what I mean. I've seen a few cars go up and then go backwards back down, and some managed to get out on the 5th attempt. Also on top the crest can scrap the bottom of your car. I drive a SUV so its less of an issue for me but you can get up and down in sedans/hatches.

• Like 1