SINGLETON HEIGHTS NSW 2330

Ph/fax 0265 560338 0408434591

Email: sinali@bigpond.com

: rsm35254@bigpond.net.au

www.thefishingparty.info

Monday, December 05, 2005

NEWS RELEASE

The Fishing Party declares war on Government Fishing Bans

News headlines of ‘more fishing bans along our coastline’ has caused an angry outburst of opposition from party members and the fishing community. A political war has been declared on the Government in all the Labor coastal seats.

Robert Smith, party chairman stated that already five candidates have acknowledged their interest in being candidates for The Fishing Party in the coming 2007 state election.

Tweed, Port Stephens, Kiama, South Coast and a Lake Macquarie electorate have so far been earmarked. With fishing bans now prominent on the Lake Macquarie agenda interested candidates are being sought for all the other Labor held seats including Maitland, where the angry fishing community can decide their protest vote.

With the Lake Macquarie recreational fishing haven now a target for fishing bans, it just shows up the deceit, lies and the hoodwinking agenda that this Labor government is prepared to go to, to have green voter support to be re-elected in 2007.

The Fishing Party is calling on the media to incite both the Labor and Coalition political representation to a public debate on all this Marine Park and no-fishing zone agenda. The party wants exposed the real reasons behind the great “lockup Australia” approach.

Current beliefs are that the agenda is being driven by green/government deals in relation to offsetting coastal development that the Governments have taken over control from local government.

The constituents need to see the deals exposed and if possible corruption exists.

Further information:

Robert Smith, Chairman, The Fishing Party

0265560338, mob 0408434591, Email sinali@bigpond.com. Ends.

URL Story > http://theherald.com.au/articles/2005/12/0...3631148716.html

Bob Smith

Their total stuff up of the tunnel system has seen the Labour Party's popularity plummit. They are really getting desperate arent they...

A fishing ban in the Fishing Party's back yard - good luck ! Go get em Bob.

Guest maraudingmado

Since the introduction of the RFL I notice that there are less and less areas to fish due to Marine Parks/Sanctuaries etc :1badmood: . We are paying to fish in less areas and paying for it and yet a few years ago we didn't pay a cent and could fish everywhere. I must be paranoid :tease::bump0ee::tease:

In the Herald (Newcastle) Today Page 6....

The paper sais

"A spokeswoman for Mr McDonald said the Minister was not ruling out the report... "He's just saying there's no government plan to delcalre no-go fishing zones in Lake Macquaire and Fullerton Cove"

"The report discusses possible areas for sanctuaries or marine parks but that doesn't necrssarily mean the Government will go ahead on it"

This is good news at this stage... but if the greens have there way, we can say goodbye to two very good fishing areas...

LW

That's not convincing enough for me

He still hasn't ruled out the idea only that there is no government plan. If Labor regain the power then I would be prepared for the worst.

I remember only a few weeks ago in the press and on the news that this same Minister said that no boundaries or Marine Parks were on the Government plan as they would be at least 2 yrs off.

Down South this was an important question because some businesses were about to renew leases and the Minister gave assurances on the radio nothing was imminent. This Minister must have been taught by the previous one.

It would be an understatement to say they are not happy and I could not repeat their thoughts.

As they say 'Watch this space'

Bob Smith

Guest bluecod

NEWS RELEASE

The Fishing Party declares war on Government Fishing Bans

That's B@llshit - and sounding like every other political party taking snipes at each other to further nothing! Plain unadulterated Chestbeating :badair:

Tell someone they can't do something and all you do is firm their resolve to do it, particularly limelight seeking politicians.

Work with that person to achieve what you both want and you'll have a far better outcome - its called a compromise. Accept that in this political climate the greens have a powerul political voice and will get some things their way. Suggest a practical alternative that gives the greens some of what they want, but doesn't end up in a fishing lockout.

What does the middle green want - protection of biodiversity - meaning complete protection of some species [fair enough for the grey nurse sharks but also protect them from divemasters too] and protection of critical habitat.

Some areas do need complete protection, but there are often ways of providing suitable habitat protection without wrapping the areas up in cotton wool. e.g. the major impact on seagrasses are hauling a net over it, swing moorings and anchoring - easy solution, ban net fishing in proximity, remove the swing moorings and declare the area a no anchor zone [fishing would still be allowed, but only from the shore or drifting boat.]

That's a simplistic example, but instead of fighting a losing battle, fight one with a realistic outcome. Let's face it the rec fisherman now has his back against the wall and time has shown that his earlier employed tactics have failed - it is now time to try a different tack to salvage what is left.

There is a group called $%^&* that is trying to unite the myriad of fishing interest groups and this group has substantial credibility having been formed from ANSA. Give them your support!

Edited by bluecod

Here's another angling group I stumbles across. The Angles Action Group. Sydney based non political lobby group doing their thing for rec angling.

AAG

Is it just me or is their a number of small groups trying to do a big thing. Love to get all these groups together and come up with a unified direction.

I have to say a agree with Bluecods comments in the sense that compomise needs to be sought as does a single voice. Arent we all on the same side here ? Its really hard to tell sometimes.

If your the founding member of ECOFISH/ERS ive not really seen that anywhere. Its a bit hard to expect people to know that. TFP is a political group and $%^&* seem to be a group trying to unite everyone.

Im getting confused. :tease:

ECOFISH or $%^&*.

Ive heard of two groups whats that all about

Grant

Sorry it is one the same $%^&* > a protest group being formed of no political alliance for interested persons to register their protest and remain outside any Political Party influence.

Supported by The Fishing Party because come election time $%^&* will need to vote somewhere and our aim is to get their support.

Bluecod take note:-

Initiated by Rod Burston through NSWFCA of which I am the current President > contact number 0242377493. Rod is the CEO of this project.

Others may wish to update this agenda with factual branch info if desired.

I am not a spokesperson for this group but so far there is a branch at > Byron Bay, Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Forster, Bulahdelah and Newcastle and South Coast that I know of. Others are in the making I am told. I chaired the meeting in Port Macquarie and Newcastle for their start.

Bob Smith

Grant

Sorry it is one the same $%^&* > a protest group being formed of no political alliance for interested persons to register their protest and remain outside any Political Party influence.

Supported by The Fishing Party because come election time $%^&* will need to vote somewhere and our aim is to get their support.

Bluecod take note:-

Initiated by Rod Burston through NSWFCA of which I am the current President > contact number 0242377493. Rod is the CEO of this project.

Others may wish to update this agenda with factual branch info if desired.

I am not a spokesperson for this group but so far there is a branch at > Byron Bay, Kempsey, Port Macquarie, Forster, Bulahdelah and Newcastle and South Coast that I know of. Others are in the making I am told. I chaired the meeting in Port Macquarie and Newcastle for their start.

Bob Smith

Point now taken there BOB KEEP US INFORMED and hopefully something will get done to rectify this problem we are all going to have at some stage or another

Cheers SWORDFISHERMAN

Guest bluecod

Bob,

I can now see why all your previous posts that I am aware of on this site have not raised $%^&* as an area for some members to channel their support. It would seem you're right! but do you check out every member of a group before you provide them some support. EDIT: Ok Not from ANSANSW it was NSWFCA!

I am also learning pretty bloody quickly and it might also be an idea to check with Rod of the level of support I am providing $%^&*, before you try and start criticising me.

I have no argument with you personally, just the typical political jargon that emanates forth from most political parties - we've heard it all before and it never seems to go anywhere.

All the best in your endeavours, however for the time being I will continue to provide support to $%^&* where I can. :thumbup:

Edited by bluecod

Bluecod

Please keep supporting $%^&*

My record of written posts might seem over the top or just political speak but if I seem blunt or determined in what I say then take it as exactly what I mean. I make no apology and I don't really care whether my personality is liked or agreed with. I have been led by this COMPROMISE crap too many times and now I am convinced that the only way to get results is by political threat. (As you witness by the Greens and what results they get). Major Parties hate the Greens by the way.

I guarantee you that if there was an equal force to the greens then that force would be listened to.

I have been a member of countless associations and to have 101 different splinter groups tracking off on their beliefs and little power bases, is exactly what the decision makers want.

I will state here and now that Science runs second to Politics. If TFP can get the desired candidates to target Labor held state seats and fishing support then watch what happens.

If The Fishing Party can do that then I will have achieved something. If not then a fishing spot somewhere out of sight and away from PC'S and Phones seems certain. (if such places exist)

Bob Smith :1fishing1:

:thumbdown: Bob Smith.Not a good idea to scoff at the suggestion of compromise.John Howard has had a lot of compromising to get through what he wanted this week. but he was successful at the finish,I thought Bluecod had a very good point,and for you to speak so bluntly to the people you are trying to get onside,well you could be doing a good job FOR the GREENS. Thats how i see it,lets work together,with as little friction as possible with each other. :beersmile: Ben.

Gday Bob,

I have just read that the Minister has done a press release stating that Lake Macquarie WILL NOT become a Marine Park.

Can you confirm this ?

I hope its true

Nothing for me here yet Grant to confirm.(Nothing after 12.53am anyway) I hope it is true. It would be electoral suicide for Labor if not.

Can you tell (PM) where you read that from

:thumbdown: Bob Smith.Not a good idea to scoff at the suggestion of compromise.John Howard has had a lot of compromising to get through what he wanted this week. but he was successful at the finish,I thought Bluecod had a very good point,and for you to speak so bluntly to the people you are trying to get onside,well you could be doing a good job FOR the GREENS. Thats how i see it,lets work together,with as little friction as possible with each other. :beersmile: Ben.

Ben

I take your point to some degree. I will compromise with the Greens and Government on the basis that I CHOSE THE 20-30-40% to be locked away FROM EVERYBODY IF NEEDED. At the moment you have no say in the compromise part and I don't believe that you will have any in the future unless you can match the green influence over decisions. That's why you can't compare this issue with John Howard agenda and that's why I am so blunt. 4 previous MP's are my proof. Politics, Politics, Politics.

Damn it !

I re-read my info and it looks like its a regurgitated statement from ages ago, used to prove the minister said he would never do it.

ARRRRRHHHH.

I was so happy :mad3:

Edited by Grantm

Guest bluecod

At the moment you have no say in the compromise part and I don't believe that you will have any in the future unless you can match the green influence over decisions. That's why you can't compare this issue with John Howard agenda and that's why I am so blunt. 4 previous MP's are my proof. Politics, Politics, Politics.

Couldn't agree more Bob - problem is we can't wait until after the 2007 elections when TFP hopefully will have more influence in marginal coastal seats/State Parliament.

We need a united front NOW and we need every single person who picks up a fishing line to voice their disapproval to the Premier.

You couldn't post his electoral office's email address could you :biggrin2:

• 2 weeks later...

Try these 3 and don't hold back

Morris Iemma-NSW Premier:

Ministerial Office:

Phone (02) 9228 5239

Fax (02) 9228 3934

thepremier@www.nsw.gov.au

Electorate Office:

Phone (02) 9584 1788

Fax (02) 9584 1945

thepremier@www.nsw.gov.au