First lure caught Snapper

noelm

Took the grandson out for a Snapper fish this afternoon and he caught his first Snapper on a lure, not exactly huge, but your first is always your first. Great afternoon to get away from virus news and people in general.

DC1D4DC9-6F2B-4D4A-BE58-047089B5632B.jpeg

• Like 8

Noel. Small photo and hard to see expressions but I'm sure the capture will be long in his memory. My grandson ( now 13 ) has no interest in Fishing, maybe a bit later in life ?.

Frank

Well just as I posted the photo enlarges. He sure does look like a happy young lad.

Edited by frankS
added text
  • Like 1

Yep, he sure is, some kids get into fishing early, some much later, and unfortunately, some not at all, we are digging out the fly rod today, he is intrigued by a guy that fishes near us all the time. I don't profess to be an expert with fly, but we will give it a crack. I love taking kids fishing, trying to teach them new things, but most important, to open their eyes and really see things, like, baitfish, how they behave, even clouds with an approaching storm, the weather map and how things happen, then see the result later on. Love kids, especially grandkids, I have said to people thousands of times, grandkids are completely different to your own kids, not 100% why, but they are, I think because when your own were little, you had work and life was hard, but later in life (if you're lucky) most things are in place and you can enjoy kids, your own kids seemed to be a nightmare, and you could sell them on eBay in a minute (joking) but grandkids are gods gift!

• Like 1