What is your DREAM FISH and where

JAKSShark

Hello Raiders, sorry about another thread, i was just thinking we all have a favourite species and a favorite way to fish and a favorite environment, but what if we combine all of these things and say what is your dream fish, like may THE ONE that once busted you off or the one you dream about, the one you would pay alot to catch😀

Combine that with where and with what gear. (Not the actual spot but like beach harbour FADs 5 mtres of water 10 mtres of water etc) just the environment your in. And what gear would like to be using. 

I certainly have a dream fish mine is a 30kg+ jewfish from the beach on a prevail 10ft rod paired with a 10000 saragosa. i would pay alot to get a fish like that😀😀

Whats yours??

While we're discussing pipe dreams....

My 3 Life long dream targets:

GT

Black bass

Peacock bass

As far as gear goes, not too sure on specifics, would definitely need something high end. More after the fish than the gear used, sorry!

...one can dream, right?   😅😅

Edited by Berrero
  • Haha 1

Ascension Island but only if I can get in and watch those giant yellowfin etc over there.

Big Jews are always appealing even after catching a fair few in the past.

• Like 1

Back in the late 80's I was on a trip fishing the remote reefs off Lord Howe Island and on Elizabeth Reef, wading the flats I dropped a huge bonefish, estimated around 6kg on an 8 weight flyrod only metres from the tip.

I'd love to go back and get a photo of one.

• Like 2

Saratoga has been on top of the bucket list for a long time.... planned a trip to central QLD in October hopefully the restrictions will be lifted by then

Best part is don't need any gear upgrades to do it just a bass setup should be sufficient, did buy a couple of surface lures and 1/4 oz spinnerbaits specifically for the toga trip

A Marlin on a plain series Alvey, doesn't have to be very big, one of those little ones they get off the flats in Qld about 15-20 kg would do fine. Always loved catching fish on drag-less reels, reckon it'd be a good fight, even built a rod specially for it but the trip never happened- yet, anyway

• Like 1

My dream fishing experience?

Nothing spectacular, just out to a local spot on a nice day and getting amongst a few fish: beach, rock estuary doesn't matter. I live in a beautiful bit of coast (The Entrance & Tuggerah Lakes) and enjoy just getting out with a mate or two,  having fun, talking rubbish and coming home with a bit of a feed.

When I think about it, I'm living the dream and lucky to do so.

KB

• Like 1

I have a few on my list but 3 that come to mind immediately is 1 a 100 kilo Yellowfin Tuna , now I know I will never get this one. I managed a 97 kilo fish way back in about 1974/5 at the Peak but have never topped to 100 kg mark.

2 a 50 lb Jewie, my best is 42 lb again caught way back when and been trying for that 50 lb'er ever since with no luck, have got heaps at around 35/40 lbs but just can't crack the ( to me ) magic 50 lb .

3 and this will surprise a lot but it is a humble little Red Morwong, never caught one, I take blokes to watts reef in the bay and 9 out of 10 times someone else catches one but none have ever taken my offering.

There are heaps more like have been mentioned, Saratoga, Black Bass, Sailfish, etc

Have caught most of what is in the places I have fished but the next new fish to me will be exciting.

Frank 

8 hours ago, wazatherfisherman said:

A Marlin on a plain series Alvey, doesn't have to be very big, one of those little ones they get off the flats in Qld about 15-20 kg would do fine. Always loved catching fish on drag-less reels, reckon it'd be a good fight, even built a rod specially for it but the trip never happened- yet, anyway

Waza. I got a 45kg Stripe on a c5. does that count ?.

Frank

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frankS said:

Waza. I got a 45kg Stripe on a c5. does that count ?.

Frank

Hi Frank I reckon so! Still would have been a degree of "palming" I'm sure.

Great capture! I got 2 custom spools made for my attempt, hasn't happened yet, just a "dream"- but something to aim for in the future hopefully

Regards Waza

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest123456789

1. A one metre King.

2. A 70cm snapper.

3. A one metre Mulloway.

That’s my fishing holy trinity.