Floating or sinking stickbaits ?

kingbonito

I fish sinking stickbaits, mainly because they're heavier, obviously giving you better distance and you can still fish them across the surface if you don't give them time to sink.

I dropped into my local store and picked up a couple of Samaki Flashs for something different. I have to admit, they look pretty good.

Both

I use floating stickbaits and poppers if the wind and swell permit, otherwise will fall back to sinking stickbaits.

Its also important to change your lures to see what works on the day, and a sinking lure allows you to work the deeper parts if you allow it to sink. 

Prefer the action of a floater but in conditions where there is a bit of chop etc the sinker will be a bit easier to keep on track, I used to do well of the rocks with Richter stickbaits - they cast very well, were cheap and the retrieve was basically stick the rod tip in the air and wind at a steady pace. Floaters i use in the boat with a "walk the dog"" and they can be deadly on all sorts of pelagics- they also dont need ""height"" to get the best out of them .

On 6/24/2020 at 12:23 PM, Green Hornet said:

I fish sinking stickbaits, mainly because they're heavier, obviously giving you better distance and you can still fish them across the surface if you don't give them time to sink.

I dropped into my local store and picked up a couple of Samaki Flashs for something different. I have to admit, they look pretty good.

The Samaki Flashs are a gun little lure. Cast like a metal but have the action of a stick bait when swept. Unreal

• Like 1