Foreshore boat ramp - landbased

joel_95

Hey guys, just wondering if anybody knows if its legal to fish on the rocks near to the bridge at foreshore ramp? Much like how this guy did at 4:20 on the video below.

There's a 'no fishing beyond this point' sign right next to a 'fish at your own risk' on the breakwall, just wondering if anybody has fished around the bridge!

8 minutes ago, Penguin said:

There is definitely a No Fishing Beyond this Point Sign there. The fish at your own risk sign is for those 

wishing to fish the rocks and breakwall in front of the carpark I presume.

ah thanks mate~

just wanted to double check with the community before i tried to do anything stupid😅

cheers

• Thanks 1

From memory the no fishing sign refers to the pontoons where the ramps are located.

As for the break well if you look at the RMS map of BB anywhere east, west, north & south of the boat ramps & not within the channel markers is classified as a Maritime restricted zone 1 area.

That would include the breakwall.

I see people fishing off the breakwall all the time but not sure how fishing could be against the restriction but thought it's more to do with boats not allowed in that zone.

My mate actually got pulled up by Police for collecting bait near the tugs on the West side of molly point where everyone goes to get yakkas, it is technically in that restricted zone but everyone goes there for bait.

They were going to fine him $1500 but let him off after checking all safety gear which was all ok.

Edited by kingie chaser

On 8/8/2020 at 12:36 PM, PaddyT said:

BTW have you got photos of the signs?

nah mate soz i dont have any photos of the sign.

645021252_ScreenShot2020-08-09at10_24_54PM.thumb.png.84c7e116de7a575cb8e57a317ecaa247.png

from recollection the sign is placed at where the white star is. its just a small white metal sign that says 'no fishing beyond this point'

do pop a message here if you ever do find out if its legal! I'm really curious about it as well😂

10 hours ago, joel_95 said:

nah mate soz i dont have any photos of the sign.

645021252_ScreenShot2020-08-09at10_24_54PM.thumb.png.84c7e116de7a575cb8e57a317ecaa247.png

from recollection the sign is placed at where the white star is. its just a small white metal sign that says 'no fishing beyond this point'

do pop a message here if you ever do find out if its legal! I'm really curious about it as well😂

Well as you can see from this RMS map the whole area is under Maratime/port authority control.

Even the bridge where this guy was fishing.

Again it more pertains to recreational boating but I guess something like fishing is also under their control.

Maybe you should sent the guy who was fishing a message via Youtube & ask him!

47929334_Screenshot_20200810-081818_AdobeAcrobat.thumb.jpg.46c08b31e6c85f37f596594dcaec280f.jpg

https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/maritime/usingwaterways/maps/boating-maps/9f-botany-bay-lower-georges-cooks.pdf

Edited by kingie chaser