Jervis Bay Landbased

Will Wright

The platforms on the north side of the bay are your best bet for consistent fishing in all conditions. 

Big Beecroft (also known as Mermaids Inlet) and Eaves Ravine are 2 spots that consistently produce.

The rocks on the south side of the bay can really fire, but they are mostly low to the water and can only be fished when the swell is down.

Edit: I must add, if you have any fear of heights, Eaves Ravine isn't for you and also, Big Beecroft is about a 40 minute walk.

Edited by Green Hornet
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Green Hornet said:

The platforms on the north side of the bay are your best bet for consistent fishing in all conditions. 

Big Beecroft (also known as Mermaids Inlet) and Eaves Ravine are 2 spots that consistently produce.

The rocks on the south side of the bay can really fire, but they are mostly low to the water and can only be fished when the swell is down.

Edit: I must add, if you have any fear of heights, Eaves Ravine isn't for you and also, Big Beecroft is about a 40 minute walk.

Thanks! PM’ed you 

1 hour ago, noelm said:

Also remember that getting from one side of the bay to the other (by car) is not exactly a 5 minute drive, my advice, pick one side or the other, Currarong side would be more reliable.

Good point.

Not only that, but the better platforms between the ruined lighthouse and the Stoney Creek area are still closed due to COVID.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

hmm bombed or fall off the cliff-im not sure which id prefer-wasnt Eves where the parkies forced a guy off the rocks into a boat a few years back? on the grounds that he was a danger to himself-

It used to be quite entertaining at Eaves watching the old Skyhawk fighters firing missiles at Drum and Drumsticks.

The guy that was forced off the rocks was down on the south side of the bay. I'm actually related to one of the rangers that dragged him off.