Trouble with Lowrance fish finder

Matheus

Hey fellas,

Not sure if this is the right page but my lowrance hook 5 just freezes on the initiation screen and nothing happens.

I’ve tried reset, unplug the power and so on, but nothing works!

Has anybody else seen this issue before? 

Thanks all

89C7F06B-A52E-4B14-A19E-8E85F60AD96B.jpeg

I also had a freezing Lowrance on startup. Lowrance told me it was a software issue and would be fixed soon. After 3 months and no fix I contacted them again where they denied saying there would be a fix, by this time I had found others stating the same issue on hds 12 ten 3 units. When I first enquired my unit was still under warranty but by the time I left it for the fix it had gone out of warranty. Lowrance offered me a deal to buy a new unit through them at a 20% discount, which was still more expensive that shop prices and only comes with a 3 month warranty. 

I then bought a Garmin after using Lowrance products for over 20years and will not purchase Lowrance again. Good luck getting yours fixed, simply speaking with the Lowrance tec department was a struggle in its self.

Edited by JonD

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Matheus said:

Gave up. Bought a Garmin 

thanks fellas

Most of us don't utilise our sounders to the full potential and it can be hard remembering how to adjust something you might only use once a week for a weekend fish. It can also be hard to operate menus while on a rocking boat while you would rather simply be fishing, so with that in mind it may well be worth heading to YouTube and checking out some of the Garmin webinars . Even old hands might find new tricks hidden within their sounders by having a refresh on YouTube. 

• Like 3