Outboard Alarrm Problem " Help"

Hounddog

I have a "95" Mercury 60HP that has run like a dream since new. I now have a problem with the ALARM. As soon as you turn on the ignition the Alarm go's off. The temperature sender,oil sensor and Alarm modulator units are all in good working order as I have tested them. If anyone has some Ideas I am all ears. I feel it may be an electrical problem but I have no idea when it comes to this. If anybody knows of a good Mobile marine Mechanic in the Concord Sydney area I would appreciate a contact number. As I recall ,some time ago on this forum there was a recomended mobile mechanic that some of you guys gave the thumbs up. But because Mr Ken keeps changing the Web Site I could not trace back for the info :074: But that is understandable because Anyone who moves from a great allround fishing spot like Calounndra to Tarree makes you wonder??? So I guess Ken you have burnt all your good fishing gear and just kept your box of plastics so you can still rape and pillage the Taree mangroves LOL :1fishing1:

Regards Hounddog.

Have a great Xmas Everybody and Same to you Ken (give my wishes to your Mum and Porky for me )

Thanks for the info Bashir but that don't really help me. I am not prepared to take the boat out with the alarm still going off. I need to find out if there is a problem and get it sorted because unless I am sure I don't want to chance destroying my motor.I am pretty certain the motor is in A1 condition as I always looked after it,thats why I think it may be an electrical fault(probably at the control box) unless I get a professional opinion or a on site diagnosis I will have to stay grounded &*^%$$# :mad3: . I am not a happy boy at the moment,cause all my favourite haunts are fireing,so i need to get a fix quickly,because I am having withdrawal symtoms from not bein able to get on the water LOL. Please someone give me the name and number of a good mobile mechanic before I light a bonfire under my boat out of frustration. Come on Mr A. surely you can send me in the right direction otherwise I will rent your bed out next time you come to Sydney :1wallbash: ie* were is the spell check for this forum :ranting2: Can you tell I am a grouch since I have been unable to get on the water :biggrin2:

well if that doesn't help you maybe this will...... PICK UP THE YELLOW PAGES!!!

Sorry Bashir if you thought I did not appreciate your reply,but I do thanks. I had a few :beersmile: and waffled on a bit much (so I have given myself a right uppercut for sounding ungrateful) You helped to confirm that I think its a minor fault,but what I should have said outright instead of rabbiting on is that can anybody remember the name of the Mobile mechanic that was mentioned on this Forum some time back

Its better to get somebody thats recommended first rather than just pick out of the phone book.

Thanks again "Bashir" ( thats 1 slap on the head you owe me ) I will make sure I am sober next time I post :1badmood:

Hey Gary , To many hits up the head there matey :074: . It is good to see that people on here are always willing to lend a helping hand with thier past experience :thumbup:

Cheers Swordfisherman

Give the blokes at Yabbie Marine a call

I think someone posted a while back and said that they had a mobile mechanic

or they may be able to reccomend one

Everybody who deals with them seems to be hapy with the service they get

Regards Pogo

Give the blokes at Yabbie Marine a call

I think someone posted a while back and said that they had a mobile mechanic

or they may be able to reccomend one

Everybody who deals with them seems to be hapy with the service they get

Regards Pogo

Thats true they did my service at the boat ramp and was done without a fuss :thumbup:

:yahoo: Problem fixed,turned out to be a loose magnetic washer on the float in the oil reservoir.This tank is a sealed plastic unit and costs over $100 to replace. Therefore I cut the float unit out of the tank,resecured the washer and plastic welded the float back in the tank

Cost ? 30 minutes and a stubbie of VB.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance with your replies :thumbup:

:yahoo: Problem fixed,turned out to be a loose magnetic washer on the float in the oil reservoir.This tank is a sealed plastic unit and costs over $100 to replace. Therefore I cut the float unit out of the tank,resecured the washer and plastic welded the float back in the tank

Cost ? 30 minutes and a stubbie of VB.

Thanks to everyone for your assistance with your replies :thumbup:

Hi Hounddog. :beersmile: I have a 40 Mariner oil injected,and your problem sounded just like mine.I took mine to where i bought it, and the machanic said the sender was stuffed.he said i would have to buy the oil plastic carrier as well, about $185 plus labour.how did you find out it was the Magnetic washer that was the problem.I am thinking of going over to mixing the oil and petrol as i go along,but i would much rather be in a position like you,and be able to use the motor as was intended,Any imformation that you can give will be appreciated.Ben. :beersmile:

Hi Hounddog. :beersmile: I have a 40 Mariner oil injected,and your problem sounded just like mine.I took mine to where i bought it, and the machanic said the sender was stuffed.he said i would have to buy the oil plastic carrier as well, about $185 plus labour.how did you find out it was the Magnetic washer that was the problem.I am thinking of going over to mixing the oil and petrol as i go along,but i would much rather be in a position like you,and be able to use the motor as was intended,Any imformation that you can give will be appreciated.Ben. :beersmile:

Hey Ben, PM goin your way soon with all the info you should need :thumbup: