Hawksbury

stevefish

Dashed home from work yesterday arvo to have a look for jewies.

I left the ramp at about 6 without much confidence after skunking on harbour kings on monday and having heard nothing positive from the hawksbury in weeks.

I travelled to "known jewfish location" and set out baits with the tide still running in, a little while later the dredded eel comes along, not the raider, just the eel to destroy a good bait and leader.

Just before dark one rod has a shake then nothin, then a shake then nothing, after a minute or 2 i reeled it in thinking another eel but it was a 46cm flatty.

After the tide had turned and the wind dropped to nothing a 61cm jew came in to make the trip worthwhile.

The last couple of years the lower hawks has seemed to shutdown for a month or so prior to Christmas, do you guys agree?

I think this is the first hawksbury jew report for a couple of weeks, has anyone been out, caught any, caught nuthin?

Guest maraudingmado

I hope to get out and have a crack at them over the coming weeks. Just gotta learn to put up with any amount of boat traffic and d*%$#heads that love to drive too close to where you anchor for no apparent reason :1badmood::1badmood:

it was only a couple of weeks i had all but given up on that great river system. a mate promised me if i was to take him out on the boat he would show me a few almost gaurantee jew spots. with an abundance of poddys and squid in the fishing vacinity things looked bright, and bright they were, over the last 3 nights we have caught jews from 20cm up 12 kg with many big bust ups, quite thrilling to say the least, with only 1 dreaded eel caught the whole time. we also had some flathead as a bi catch.

no jewie reports because everybodys gone kingie mad, with good reason kingies everywhere. but the jewie's are there too, from 2nd to 8th dec over 4 trips i caught 18 jewie's rangeing from undersize to six kgs. keeping only five fish for the table. flint n steel being the pick of the various spots i tried.

ps; its good to finally join the raiders, after months of great helpful tips from you guys i'll now hopefully be able to give a bit back.

sorry bout the late reply i ve been on the water basically all weekend. im not going to tell you exactly the spots although im willing to tell you the vacinity. it was in between berowra and bar point. mind you there were three spots which we fished, and one was very accesable as a land based fisherman. let me warn you thoough when fishing the land based spot you will need very heavy gear as the jews there are renowned to get quite large and even the smaller ones are a struggle, as the bottom is very reefy also with pilones, and moorings to deal with.

hope that helps

no jewie reports because everybodys gone kingie mad, with good reason kingies everywhere. but the jewie's are there too, from 2nd to 8th dec over 4 trips i caught 18 jewie's rangeing from undersize to six kgs. keeping only five fish for the table. flint n steel being the pick of the various spots i tried.

ps; its good to finally join the raiders, after months of great helpful tips from you guys i'll now hopefully be able to give a bit back.

:1welcomeani: Searabbit ,Good to se we have all helped in some way and now you are repaying the kindness .Looking forward to some great stories and perhaps some pics as well :thumbup:

Cheers SWORDFISHERMAN