A Lure / Sp

ianoc69

I was looking for some advice on a suitable lure / sp that can catch Yellowbelly, Cod etc.

I am heading down to Lake Hume (NSW/VIC border) in Dec / Jan and chasing some species I have never fished for before.

Any tips on hardbody, lure or sp that may work including jig head size / weight and retrives etc for this species much appreciated.

Looking to have a bit of fun with the kids and maybe catch n release a new species.

Cod - large stumpjumpers & codgers and spinnerbaits, yellowbelly - smaller versions of the same. Lake Hume also has trout and redfin. Ask at local tackle outlet for what is going on in the dam as it varies. Hope you get a few.

Hi Granpop,

I've got a swag of stumpjumpers, in the full range of sizes. I picked them up years ago in a sale, but they've yet to go for a swim -- I tend to use one of the many other lures in my lure box.

You're obviously a stumpjumper fan. Why do you like them, and recommend them in preference to the hundreds (thousands?) of other hard-bodied lures available?

Regards,

Bob

Hi Granpop,

I've got a swag of stumpjumpers, in the full range of sizes. I picked them up years ago in a sale, but they've yet to go for a swim -- I tend to use one of the many other lures in my lure box.

You're obviously a stumpjumper fan. Why do you like them, and recommend them in preference to the hundreds (thousands?) of other hard-bodied lures available?

Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob

Because Stumpjumpers catch fish for me :1prop: (and reasonably priced).

I have a few very old lures like Burke's Big Dig and some old Daiwa Mudbugs that also work, but you cannot buy those any more. Also have a selection of Bellbrook lures (showing my age).

If you ever go north, take the bib off a Stumper and fish it as a surface lure - Saratogas and Barras enjoy them.

Cheers

David

Hi Bob

Because Stumpjumpers catch fish for me :1prop: (and reasonably priced).

I have a few very old lures like Burke's Big Dig and some old Daiwa Mudbugs that also work, but you cannot buy those any more. Also have a selection of Bellbrook lures (showing my age).

If you ever go north, take the bib off a Stumper and fish it as a surface lure - Saratogas and Barras enjoy them.

Cheers

David

Thanks Dave.

No need to be concerned about still having a selection of bellbrooks.

So did I, until I gave them away to a lure collecting mate a couple of months ago.

But I've still got my floppys, and a jitterbug and deep 6 -- so everything's still OK in the world. :1prop:

Regards,

Bob

Edited by kenmare