Xmas Present Advice: Fishing Bag

Guest johblow

Guest johblow

Gidday. Well, im getting a fishing bag for Christmas, and to be quite frank, i dont know what is or isnt good in terms of real fishing bags. I've tried a few things that wre not really meant to be fishing bags, but they dont stand up to the salt water.

Id love to heard any suggestions. I really want to get a bag that is spot-on. I will use it to carry gear on the boat and also when wanding around in the water. I like the blue things with the shoulder strap, but that is probably not what im after, though i should get one of them too ;-)

My preferences are:

- shoulder strap or back pack style

- no part will rust

- no zippers will break

- a moderate amount of space

- easy to clean

- can be made to be splash proof if sealed up

Are my expectations too high? Im sure there is something out their that is perfect, designed by a fisho of course!!!! Looking forward to many "i love my fishing bag so much" stories!!!

Cheers,

Jon

Ive got a plano tackle bag which is great my only issues with it are theres a small pocket in the inside thats pretty useless, it has netting pockets which seem to always find a hook andthe zippers get sticky after salt gets on them occasionally ( no prob if I zip/unzip) but apart from these things I highly recommend them.

Ive got a plano tackle bag which is great my only issues with it are theres a small pocket in the inside thats pretty useless, it has netting pockets which seem to always find a hook andthe zippers get sticky after salt gets on them occasionally ( no prob if I zip/unzip) but apart from these things I highly recommend them.

what's good about 'em Phil!! :074::074:

G'day Joh.

I have a backpack style bag which I don't think I could do without nowadays. It's a "No Limits" tackle backpack.

I do all my fishing land based, including a lot of wading, so a back pack style bag was a must. I also had a major problem with my previous bag because it only held tackle boxes side on rather than flat, so I'd end up with hooks sliding through into the next compartment and so on.

The backpack I have comes with five tackle boxes in a compartment at the bottom, where they sit flat on top of each other, so no problems there, although I never carry all five boxes at once. There's three zip up sections in the top part of the bag, two big and one small. There are also some small compartments on the sides of the bag, including the all important stubbie/drink holder!

It's got nice padded should straps which you can do up around the front of you as well, and two zippered pocket sections in the straps.

I looked at a lot of tackle bags before deciding on this one as it has everything I needed. I've had it for about 7 months now and it's been great in all situations whether wading the flats, up the beach, or rock hopping.

I'll try to post some pics of it tonight so you can see what I mean. :biggrin2:

Shane

:1fishing1:

Edited by madsmc

G'day Joh.

I have a backpack style bag which I don't think I could do without nowadays. It's a "No Limits" tackle backpack.

I do all my fishing land based, including a lot of wading, so a back pack style bag was a must. I also had a major problem with my previous bag because it only held tackle boxes side on rather than flat, so I'd end up with hooks sliding through into the next compartment and so on.

The backpack I have comes with five tackle boxes in a compartment at the bottom, where they sit flat on top of each other, so no problems there, although I never carry all five boxes at once. There's three zip up sections in the top part of the bag, two big and one small. There are also some small compartments on the sides of the bag, including the all important stubbie/drink holder!

It's got nice padded should straps which you can do up around the front of you as well, and two zippered pocket sections in the straps.

I looked at a lot of tackle bags before deciding on this one as it has everything I needed. I've had it for about 7 months now and it's been great in all situations whether wading the flats, up the beach, or rock hopping.

I'll try to post some pics of it tonight so you can see what I mean. :biggrin2:

Shane

Thats exactly the backpack I want after seeing Hookys which is the same Does anyone know where I can get one?

A few pics as promised. I love this bag. :biggrin2:

The bag itself

Three main compartments in the top of the bag. Large one at the back with spare reel, leader spools etc. Medium in the middle with fishing knife, sunscreen etc. Small one at the front for keys, mobile phone, digi camera etc.

The tackle box compartment with SP storage pocket. Two tackle boxes shown here, but can hold another three (five in total)

The small side pocket and stubby/drink holder. Larger side pocket on the other side of the bag.

Shane

Edited by madsmc