Boat ramp at Honeymoon Bay/Bindijine Bay

Fish_More

Hi all

Thinking of heading to Jervis Bay tomorrow night for the weekend.  Have googled there is a boat ramp at Bindijine Beach just north of Honeymoon Bay that is an across the beach launch.

Has anybody used it and how would I go with a6m platey and a Prado to launch it?

Thanks

Mark

44 minutes ago, noelm said:

Very shallow and sand, 6m is going to be "interesting" I would put in at Callala and drive the boat over, not too sure you can boat in Honeymoon Bay, it's only small and full of picnickers and swimmers.

Thanks Noel.  Was not going to anchor in Honeymoon Bay, more where red pin is for Friday night.  The forecast for tomorrow night is not great but Saturday morning is pretty good.  Was going to spend night on water Friday night anchored sheltered abs be ready for an early start Saturday morning.

image.thumb.png.860042ae1299cf0c55ef12081bc10584.png

1 minute ago, Fish_More said:

Thanks Noel.  Will give Callala Bay ramp a go and work around to there for the night.  If the weather is not too bad, will try the squid along the way.

I heard a rumour that Callala ramp may possibly be closed this weekend. From an unreliable source, so still worth checking.

If however it is closed, launch at Myola.

• Like 1

Just to add, I have caught some excellent Whiting right next to the rocks at the beach ramp, use Beach Worms for bait, light line, small sinker, BUT...once again, check the no fishing zone, the next Beach around (Cabbage Tree?) is no fishing I think.

Did not get away from work as early as I would have liked and had a few hold ups along the way, so did not get to Callala Bay until after dark.  Did not feel like using a ramp I had not used before in the dark so tried to go around to the camp area at Honeymoon Bay (by road) to camp for the night.  Got around there and the military area was closed.  Trying to find somewhere to camp with a boat at 10pm at night was challenging.  Ended up back up at Berry Showgrounds.

Fished Saturday.  Went for a motor over to Bindijine and agree ramp looked interesting.  There are also a couple of moorings in Bindijine.  Looks like it would be a good place to anchor/moor for a night.

Fished Middle Ground.  Plenty of activity and bait but only one good snapper for the young fellow.

Re closed ramps, the Wollamia ramp was closed on Sunday for the Huskisson Tri.

Great weekend had spending time with my son.

Gees, a bit of a drive back to Berry, could have just stopped in Currarong, the ramp on the beach is OK for tinnies, and I have seen some big boats launched there, but it's very shallow because it basically flat sand right out into the water, nice place though.

Agreed, was a bit of a hike back to Berry, but after you have been in the car for 6 hours, what is another 40 minutes.  I did go to the camping area at Currarong, but they had a no vacancy sign out the front.

I was willing to sleep in the boat at the ramp, but my 9 year old son was not keen, so had to try to find somewhere else.