Harbour 20/12

Narralakes

Headed out into the Harbour today and it was action packed. Kings, salmon and tailor, but only mangaged to land some nice salmon, dropped quite a few. It was a perfect day, especially for flyfishing as there was only a slight breeze. Ive never seen the Harbour with so many schools everywhere, quite a few boats out early though, but still enough schools around. Fishing was hard today as the fish were very flighty and went down quick on approach, didnt get heaps, but managed a few, and I for one am very glad the salmon are still around.

cheers

post-13-1135054520_thumb.jpg

Rob,

looks good for sure, there have been plenty of good consistent reports lately, could get a little crazy on the water at times though, there were 6 - 7 boats around the same school at times, but things thinned out after awhile.

Shane,

I tried a few of the fly swap flies but they were very very picky today, ended up getting the two on an eye fly I tied. Tried about 6 different flies.

CFD

:Funny-Post:

cheers

Sounds like you had a good day Ken.

I got my second fly salmon last week out near north head. A real workout on the 7#. The schools were picky also with lots of follows but no action on the plastic.

I have a day off on Friday so I am out there to add to my total.

alex

Guest bluecod

Well done Ken - hope to be able to join you before too long.

BTW the angle you're holding that salmon at, first glance and it looked a little like that last mullet you caught :1prop:

Guest bluecod

We'll get out there as soon as your'e free George, I thought it looked more like a mullet as well in that photo, if mullet were that big they'd go hard!

Ken, the best mullet I pulled out, many years ago, went a shade over 8lb, and the old 8144 was creaking and groaning under the stress - it sure would be a sight on fly gear.

Sluggo,

they change everyday, if you read Jason's report today they were around North Head, yesterday it was Middle harbour, around Dobroyd.

cheers Ken, ill be on the water tomorrow, still tossing up between the bay and harbour... my strike rate in the bay is much higher, but these harbour reports are awfully tempting. ill be in a Bluefin Barracuda, give us a yell if you see us...thanks again!