Fishing at Tuross Head

Eddy

Hi Team,

I am looking to drive down South to Tuross Head (from Sydney) around May. I have never been to the area and was wondering where is a good place to go fishing? At this stage not looking to hire a boat but just some where that myself and the boys can stand / sit and throw the line in.

I tried to look at Google Maps but seems it's all bushes and no where to stand. 

thank you.

33 minutes ago, Fergofisher said:

Gday Eddy, 

Fished Tuross many times in the past, stunning quite spot down the coast. 

Are you chasing anything specific? Or just having a fish?

Hi Mate,

Fishing is enjoyable no matter the fish caught :) but if i had to name... After Bream or flat heads. I read somewhere Tuross heads has a lot of bream.

29 minutes ago, Fergofisher said:

I have marked a few spots mate to give you an idea. The river used to be a haven for Jews, good bream and flathead it is a little more quite these days but you can still get some good fish. 

image.thumb.png.8702fbd7c1d7227277dbc26303181d50.png

thank you so much. will save this so when we head to the area we know where to go. you said if i can hire a boat, is there a place i can hire a picnic boat? there is about 8 of us. I think the only place i found around this area is Narooma.

1 minute ago, Eddy said:

thank you so much. will save this so when we head to the area we know where to go. you said if i can hire a boat, is there a place i can hire a picnic boat? there is about 8 of us. I think the only place i found around this area is Narooma.

Al good mate. Theres some solid Jews in the river so don't be suprised if a random one picks up you're bait. 
Yep theres a little boat hire place just below the circle on the map. It has a tackle shop, food drinks etc as well - i think it's called the boatshed or something like that? 
Not sure on hire wise though, i know for sure you can hire little boats but not sure about 8 in one.. 

I was at the Tuross Boatshed & Cafe on the weekend just gone.  I saw the signage for hire boats while I was ordering.  Can't remember the details other than they don't take bookings, it's first come first served.  I'm sure if you give them a call they will let you know what the go is.  While eating, I saw a BBQ pontoon hire boat pull up at the wharf, looked big enough to take a group of 8 or so.  Don't know if they are associated with the boatshed, but I'm sure they can help you there.     Once you drive into Tuross, you will see there are plenty of places to wet a line, the area isn't that big, one road in and out.  Hope you have a great time.  Cheers............

Dave

9 minutes ago, Croydon said:

I was at the Tuross Boatshed & Cafe on the weekend just gone.  I saw the signage for hire boats while I was ordering.  Can't remember the details other than they don't take bookings, it's first come first served.  I'm sure if you give them a call they will let you know what the go is.  While eating, I saw a BBQ pontoon hire boat pull up at the wharf, looked big enough to take a group of 8 or so.  Don't know if they are associated with the boatshed, but I'm sure they can help you there.     Once you drive into Tuross, you will see there are plenty of places to wet a line, the area isn't that big, one road in and out.  Hope you have a great time.  Cheers............

Dave

Much appreciated, thank you for your response. I'll but on the hunt for an area.