Berowra Waters post rains 24/03/2021

hucho hucho

Hi Raiders,

I went this afternoon to see post rains situation in Berowra Waters. Water is very dirty and muddy with lot of small debris. Zero visibility. Two damaged submerged boats tied to the handrail in a creek next to the boat ramp. Some people launching their boats. Fishing should be possible with the bait. Lures will not be visible at all.

Cheers

IMG_5806.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5808.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

IMG_5803.jpg

Thanks for heads up Hucho, great to get some news  - did you launch or just go to get the lie of the land?

My road / access is cut at both ends and Nth Richmond bridge under for a few more days yet and Bells rd covered by a landslide so I’m going nowhere - but I’m itching to get to a long booked holiday fishing at South West Rocks, couldn’t go last Easter due to fires and looks like it’ll be cut short by floods this year😞).

Hucho, I've never fished that area. In normal water conditions is it a reasonable ramp and is it a safe area to leave your car and trailer? Would you expect to get the normal type fish up there...flathead, bream, tailor, jewies etc ? 

1 hour ago, Mullatt said:

Hucho, I've never fished that area. In normal water conditions is it a reasonable ramp and is it a safe area to leave your car and trailer? Would you expect to get the normal type fish up there...flathead, bream, tailor, jewies etc ? 

Hi Mullatt, it is beautiful area. I’ve been fishing there for 10 years without problems. Typical catch there is bream, flathead, tailor and jewfish as well. Lot of mullet. You can either go upstream from the marina towards Galston and after approximately 1.5 kilometres water becomes very shallow so it is best to fish there at high tide. If you turn left down towards Hawkesbury river you will find many good bays and places with deep water. Close to the main river is Bar Island with very deep water where you can try for jewfish. Boat ramp can handle 3 trailers and is very similar to Apple Tree Bay ramp, Cowan Creek. I was always fishing there during a day and never had any problems with safety. I always reverse my trailer in the bay as deep as possible and never leave anything valuable in the car. But thieves can appear anywhere. It is good place during windy days. Cheers