Fibreglass boat repairs help pls

Onlythelonely

Dear members, my first post so please be kind. I am based in GC and while trying to moor the boat next to a pontoon in heavy current my aluminium tinny boat hit another fibreglass boat causing a dent on the side of the other boat. I did not have any insurance and that was not smart, have 3rd party insured myself since. The other party with the dented boat talked about $1500 excess on their insurance, so I was happy to pay the excess. They have since informed me that they are unwilling to go down that route and got a quote privately for $2300 to repair gelcoat and replace a rubber gunnel with touch up paint. Full repaint is $6100. I am looking for someone to give me an opinion on repair costs as I feel the amount quoted is extortionate to the actual damage to the boat. Any suggestions on how to proceed please. Its the dent near the rod holder. TIA

IMG_0488.jpg

Resized_Resized_20210430_155658.jpeg

looks like Peter Green wants to be a rich man in very short work period. $1100 to remove and replace gunnel rubber working on around $140 per hour he estimates more than 7 1/2 hours work, at that rate he is NOT a very efficient tradesman. He would only need to loosen around 2 feet of gunnel 

The boat minus the motors wouldn't be worth $2200 .

Think the guy is being unreasonable .

Frank

Edited by frankS