Trailer Alteration

cooky6983

Have done so many times and vise versa.

Over the years I have converted many boat trailers to suit the boat that is sitting on it.

There is no right way or wrong way to have a trailer set up, as in bunks/skids or wobble rollers or any other kind of set up.

It's fitting the boat to the trailer so that it sits comfortable and is usable and easy to launch and retrieve the boat.

While it's true that in general glass boats have wobble rollers and alloy boats have skids, there is no set rules for this, most ski hulls just have carpeted wooden planks for the boat to sit on and the boat gets floated off the trailer.

Send me some photos of your boat and trailer and I can advise you of the best way to go about setting your unit up correctly.

Email me at fastrailers@optusnet.com.au with photos.

Frank

• Like 1

Did my last boat trailer and the one I have now. Also the commercial abalone boats I often drive have easy on off skids too. So quick and simple.

This was for my 543rf signature (now sold). The boat had a wide planing plank widening towards the back, hence the trailer flat sections. The trailer was all rollered when I fish bought it.

_JDP2067.JPG

Edited by JonD

16 hours ago, JonD said:

Did my last boat trailer and the one I have now. Also the commercial abalone boats I often drive have easy on off skids too. So quick and simple.

This was for my 543rf signature (now sold). The boat had a wide planing plank widening towards the back, hence the trailer flat sections. The trailer was all rollered when I fish bought it.

_JDP2067.JPG

Looks good Jon. Thanks for that. Certainly good for thought. Like the way it’s set up 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 7:51 AM, frankS said:

Have done so many times and vise versa.

Over the years I have converted many boat trailers to suit the boat that is sitting on it.

There is no right way or wrong way to have a trailer set up, as in bunks/skids or wobble rollers or any other kind of set up.

It's fitting the boat to the trailer so that it sits comfortable and is usable and easy to launch and retrieve the boat.

While it's true that in general glass boats have wobble rollers and alloy boats have skids, there is no set rules for this, most ski hulls just have carpeted wooden planks for the boat to sit on and the boat gets floated off the trailer.

Send me some photos of your boat and trailer and I can advise you of the best way to go about setting your unit up correctly.

Email me at fastrailers@optusnet.com.au with photos.

Frank

Hey Frank. Sent you a couple of emails mate 

Morgan. I am having a bit of trouble adding photos to my emails to send.

Maybe best IF I send them via PM here, keep your eye on your PM 's .

Frank

Second thoughts, I will start another post with photos and description of my boat catch .

I will place it in the boating section.

Frank

Edited by frankS

4 hours ago, frankS said:

Morgan. I am having a bit of trouble adding photos to my emails to send.

Maybe best IF I send them via PM here, keep your eye on your PM 's .

Frank

Second thoughts, I will start another post with photos and description of my boat catch .

I will place it in the boating section.

Frank

Will do mate. Thanks