Woy Woy

trev

Needed to fish and wanted to catch a feed so headed up to Woy Woy with my usual fishing mate Dennis. Got to his parents house Friday night and then stayed up late playing Texas hold 'em and drinking way too many :beersmile: for a night before fishing.

Had spent a few bob on little things for the tinnie we use (it's on loan not mine) fitted 2 new rod holders bought a new fuel tank as there was a strong smell of fuel last time and I thought the old (22yrs) metal tank might have met its use by date and also put 2 new tyres on the box trailer as the old retreads were definitely looking old.

Set the alarm but could not get a wink of sleep due to the oppressive heat and mozzie attacks :05: but any way out to the car at 4:20am and one of the trailer tyres is flat as a tack :mad3: remove tyre could not see any nails or puncture marks take to servo School holidays and kids had trashed the air nozzle off to next servo same b@#*dy thing but was able to get it working tyre held pressure and could not find a leak????(could have been let down at night)

Back to house replace tyre then head to ramp, unload boat and gear no sounder left it at home b##ger :mad3::mad3: oh well head up paddy's channel to drift arround bait and SP for hopefully flathead and bream. The whole time praying to ye God's of Good Year that the tyre is not flat when we get back.

It was a big tide and the water was really moving quick on the run in fastest I have ever seen made for using plastics interesting... 1st fish to boat is a nice 30cm flounder (yum) then we drift up into brisbane waters and moter back down and drift up and motor back down about 5 -6 times for only 2 more keepers Den lands two really nice bream a couple of leagal but still really too small to eat , me only small read bream and small whiting and choppers. Headed down towards St Huberts Island and flicked soft plastics at the now well covered vegetation due to very high tide had 2 solid hook ups but did not land any :( moved opver towards the rip bridge and drifted down the edge of the sand bank and accross in font of the bridge picked Dennis picked up another 2 keeping bream and I get one more flounder. We each caught quite a few small whiting and red bream and Den' a painted grinner.

Was really starting to get hot and in an open tinnie with no shade was becoming a little unpleasent so headed back to ramp cleaned the five fish we kept loaded up the trailer whose tyre was low but not flat and headed for the servo put more air in back to his parents place for a shower, lunch an ice cold beer and headed home to Sydney. Picked up Helen :wife: and kids and headed round to Den's place to see the new year in and drink more beer and his wifes home made bailey's

So not our best trip flat tyres forgotten sounder no sleep hangover..... but still I'd take over a day at work any time. Sorry no pics only have a new xpnsve digital and she who must be obeyed would make life hell if I dropped it in the in salt H20.

Cheers

Trev

Oh

Bream caught on prawns

whiting on prawns, soft palsics and white bait

Tailor on anything moving

Flounder on white bait and cured ham...

Red Bream on anything.

Kool report!

Set the alarm but could not get a wink of sleep due to the oppressive heat and mozzie attacks :05: but any way out to the car at 4:20am and one of the trailer tyres is flat as a tack :mad3: remove tyre could not see any nails or puncture marks take to servo School holidays and kids had trashed the air nozzle off to next servo same b@#*dy thing but was able to get it working tyre held pressure and could not find a leak????(could have been let down at night)

Back to house replace tyre then head to ramp, unload boat and gear no sounder left it at home b##ger :mad3::mad3: oh well head up paddy's channel to drift arround bait and SP for hopefully flathead and bream.

:05: but thats fishing hey.

Also what is a red bream?