Need Help With Botany Bay

inked

I ventured down the Georges to the Tom Ugly's Bridge on Friday and next week i am going to try Botany bay for the first time.

I am pretty new to the whole boating / fishing thing and would appreciate a few tips on where to fish, what to fish for etc

thanks

all the usual suspects will produce fish, around the ends of the runways, moulinex point (i know i spelt it wrong), the cans, the hot water outlet, off brighton beach, towra and watts reef.

if you head out near the re-fueling wharf and look to your left and right there are usually a few boats fishing the point, the reef the cans and HWO to get your bearings.

thanks mate. what sort of gear should I being using?

I currently have 2-4kg rods with 8 pound line. Should I invest in some heavier gear?

also what tides should I be fishing on?

Edited by inked

Guest lbgking

2-4 kg gear will do for a day on the water. Fish around Como bridge and the bay, look for the birds circling the schools of tailor busting on the surface. Most of these tailor are undersized but good fun on the light gear. There are also plenty of Bream, whiting and Snapper that you can pick up drifting with the occasional keeper fish amongst them.

If you want to fish the runways or the point I can't spell, upgrade to a 10-15kg combo for kings.

for all those interested...

im pretty sure its spelt mollineux :thumbup:

good luck inked

Wrong cris "Molineaux" point :074:

I ventured down the Georges to the Tom Ugly's Bridge on Friday and next week i am going to try Botany bay for the first time.

I am pretty new to the whole boating / fishing thing and would appreciate a few tips on where to fish, what to fish for etc

thanks

let me know when your hitting the bay next week and maybe we can arange a tandem fish & be able to give you a leg up on fishing the bay :thumbup: