Label your stuff!

Little_Flatty

This morning I had a shocker of a session where I put my prescription polaroids on, went fishing and then realised my glasses case had gone missing from my pocket! I don't actually have a set of spares I could drive in, so the sunnies had to stay on.

There had been a few revellers around, and I had suspected they might have picked them up, thinking that they had got a spare pair of Ray Bans. To add insult to injury, I needed to rush home to an early morning phone hookup with software vendors in the states, leaving even more time for revellers to find my glasses.

Meeting done, headed down with my eldest as a second set of eyes. She asked me the basic question: did you put your name onto your stuff? Good point; we spend so much time putting names on our kids' stuff and completely neglect to put names or phone numbers on our own valuables.

Anyhow, the story had a happy ending...I found the damn glasses in my bag! Turns out I was in such a rush that I had forgotten to look there. But lesson learned! It wouldn't have been the first pair of glasses/sunnies I have lost. I'm printing up some labels asap and sticking them onto a bunch of stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a script for and Ad which is being shown on TV.  The one where the child can not locate her soft toy and after a lot of back tracking the mother finds it in her bag and throws it into the grass for the father to locate it.:throw:

• Haha 1