First Bass Fishing Adventure (but I Have No Idea)

mick309

Guest lbgking

I don't know the area but Bass love structure. If the banks are rockfaced used soft plastics and cast right into them, then let sp sink to the bottom and use a slow retrive with jerking motions. Small 2-3" bibed diiving lures are the go around weed banks/sunken trees and golds and oranges work the best.

I started off using cheap lures out of the bargain bins at the local taclkle store, you are bound to loose a few from the start. Any lure with a rattle in it also works as Bass often strike to drive a threat away from where it is lurking.

Hope this helps. :1fishing1:

I don't know the area but Bass love structure. If the banks are rockfaced used soft plastics and cast right into them, then let sp sink to the bottom and use a slow retrive with jerking motions. Small 2-3" bibed diiving lures are the go around weed banks/sunken trees and golds and oranges work the best.

I started off using cheap lures out of the bargain bins at the local taclkle store, you are bound to loose a few from the start. Any lure with a rattle in it also works as Bass often strike to drive a threat away from where it is lurking.

Hope this helps. :1fishing1:

how much leader should i use between the sinker and lure (if any)?

u shouldent need any sinkers there just standard jig heads and divers will get you down deep enough in that part of the clyde

I might be too late but a couple of surface lures such as Buggi Pops or Bugga Chugs. Land them close to the structure or bank, let them sit for a few seconds then retreive. Nothing better than the surface hits.

I might be too late but a couple of surface lures such as Buggi Pops or Bugga Chugs. Land them close to the structure or bank, let them sit for a few seconds then retreive. Nothing better than the surface hits.

thanks, your not too late i'm not going till the 25th so i'm gathering as much info as possible