Yamba - How Goes It?

Terry

:1fishing1: I am looking forward to two weeks fishing up at Yamba starting this weekend. :1fishing1:

We will be fishing from a boat and we have every conceivable piece of fishing gear, except dynamite! :tease:

Any help from you fisho's who have been there before or who will gladly point me in the right direction would very much appreciated. :1prop:

I am looking forward to hearing from you, cheers Terry

G'day mate, last time i was up there we pumped some nippers from up near the road bridge and fished whiting beach from the break wall, its called whiting beach for a reason as well! I also caught some flatties on soft plastics when we hired a boat and had a drif around. The beach fishing at Engaurie (sp?) is supposed to be really good so i hear!

Guest bluecod

Haven't been to Yamba for 27 years.

Last time I was there I left the car alone at Angourie for about ten minutes and by the time I got back, every single thing worth more than $2 had been stolen. :mad3:

Good luck!

G'day terry

Going to gods country...ive been going up there for the last 15 years..no better place to fish than yamba-iluka..fish midle wall and the breaks in it work with the tides though, yes witing beach is ok on the iluke side of the river there is good grounds for witing also 5 min up the river there is a place called browns rocks just near the warf there is a green boy drift up river for about 500 mtrs for jew monster flathead or anchore for good bream cant give away to much but catch live herring near the warf and drift and then hangon its nothing to pull 6kg flattys form there the beaches are superb also...all in all you cant go wrong up there ........Gods counrty

look forward to going to my house up there again hehehe good luck

G'day terry

Going to gods country...ive been going up there for the last 15 years..no better place to fish than yamba-iluka..fish midle wall and the breaks in it work with the tides though, yes witing beach is ok on the iluke side of the river there is good grounds for witing also 5 min up the river there is a place called browns rocks just near the warf there is a green boy drift up river for about 500 mtrs for jew monster flathead or anchore for good bream cant give away to much but catch live herring near the warf and drift and then hangon its nothing to pull 6kg flattys form there the beaches are superb also...all in all you cant go wrong up there ........Gods counrty

look forward to going to my house up there again hehehe good luck

G'day,

The tip about herring is worth listening to, catch them in the current around structure on a standard bait jig, great for school jew, flathead and really big bream. I was up there over Christmas and the fishing was very slow in the back country around Romiaka and Oyster channel, but heard some good reports from people that had fished the middle wall, for decent flathead and reasonable catches of bream. Also good whiting coming from the mouth of the lake but you had to have bloodworms, and they aren't easy to come by up there. I found the fishing worse than average, and I know it pretty well, again though it may pay to keep to the main river, there seemed to be better catches coming from there.

Matt