Meadowbank Flatty

Chillifishi

4 hours ago, big Neil said:

Firstly welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy being a regular contributor on here. Take the time to investigate the landing net situation. I have a fantastic one that is lightweight yet extendable and fitted with the fish friendly (rubber type) net. One like this could easily be attached to your rucksack so you (still) only have the rod to carry in your hand. Might save you from losing a good fish, especially when fishing the Harbour area. Good luck, bn

Yep fair call mate, brings back some not so fond memories of losing my first ever mulloway hookup at meadowbank 10+ years ago

• Sad 1

@Chillifishi I had another go this morning. Donutted but had a savage hit on a gulp crabby presented in front of the rock slab next to the scout hall. Saw a silver flash so suspect it was a decent bream. Unfortunately even though the fish pulled a bit of drag, the hooks didn't stay in, but they are definitely around.

3 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

@Chillifishi I had another go this morning. Donutted but had a savage hit on a gulp crabby presented in front of the rock slab next to the scout hall. Saw a silver flash so suspect it was a decent bream. Unfortunately even though the fish pulled a bit of drag, the hooks didn't stay in, but they are definitely around.

Oh damn, close one! I usually dont cast there for fear of snags but looks like gotta risk it for the biscuit. Youre right, encouraging signs

On 7/28/2022 at 7:56 AM, Chillifishi said:

I debate how I should land the fish given the light line, but realise I really don't have a viable alternative, and the lift out of the water is successful.

Well done on the flatty. I'd suggest a net with an extendable handle, this is the one i use

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/314039100444?hash=item491e30641c:g:BaIAAOSwMIhirEk4&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4HGXr4vHPhZfzWV2SBGu2hpsxisDEow9rz1P%2Bc4CvtYeRki05F%2Bcg6NTidPwP35JaB4%2BfwhOxD%2B3QXLSkEIhyTLdkVD3PBxLSz0lNPSGEOC7RDhx77ZwzgP49f7CRz7Tj6dRs8rb%2Bth3CeB0Ro%2Fu4bLld7BWbhfhLs8GsBYeo4mZy1ivOd8eHG6ZKIfk0g5p9L5LOrBQ7wRgHzRv6naZ352l5iXH36z2MKsuqjS5BGqb5DFIMFc8TgwMmoceKveMrylKmeNSSAoHUvh0K%2FN0PF6qLyboeFH1I7GhrbQgkuE%2B|tkp%3ABFBM5IzozMlg

48 minutes ago, nutsaboutfishing said:

Those nets aren’t half bad. I used one from a certain large French sports chain store. Cheap, functional and light. They’re not compact, but very workable all the same.

2 hours ago, Chillifishi said:

Oh damn, close one! I usually dont cast there for fear of snags but looks like gotta risk it for the biscuit. Youre right, encouraging signs

I did lose a few lures this morning but not in that location. If you cast from the platform or the pontoon, it’s normally not too bad. It was my only hit this morning, though that usual school of tailor came in to pester me.