The Mighty Colo

covanova

Tomorrow I am going with my Brother and one of his mates for a 3 day trip into the colo. Weather looks a little dicey, but hopefully it will pick up as we will be camping down there.

Anyone been there and have any tips to offer? We're going to go down the Canoe Creek track.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Hopefully it will go well and I'll have heaps of pics to send back!!!

Adrian

Guest lbgking

Mate, I have never been up the Colo but it is on my list of places to fish. Please post your results and any photo's as I have only seen pictures from the 1980's and nothing recent.

Tomorrow I am going with my Brother and one of his mates for a 3 day trip into the colo. Weather looks a little dicey, but hopefully it will pick up as we will be camping down there.

Anyone been there and have any tips to offer? We're going to go down the Canoe Creek track.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Hopefully it will go well and I'll have heaps of pics to send back!!!

Adrian

Hi Adrian ,I have fished the Colo River plenty of times from the mouth at the Hawkesbury at the bridge to nowhere up to about 10 klms and there are plenty of bass willing to take your offerings ,small hardbodies or spinnerbaits work well in this spot as do surface lures like the river to the sea cicadas.There are numerous weed beds once you get a little further into the Colo that will produce for you and some steep rock walls which are all worth a shot .Good luck up there it is a very pretty spot .By the way there are some very nice Estuary Perch caught in there as well .

Cheers Swordfisherman

Thanks fellas, we're off in the morning. Come monday you'll see some pics, hopefully not just of the scenery!

Looking forward to your post Adrian :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy